Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are in a teams only environment and are using Poly CCX 600 desk phones. As with most people over the past year the employees were working from home and did not have room to take their desk phones with them. Trying to be proactive before the users came back to the office the phones were connected to the users teams account as well as updated to the latest firmware and teams software. Some users started having the issue that their incoming calls were all going directly to voice mail. We found that unplugging the CCX 600 phone solved the problem of the calls going to voicemail but with the phones being Microsoft teams certified, I tried resetting the phone to the base firmware and software levels this seems to work for some users but is not a long term solution.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Sams ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

A good starting point would be to understand if the calls that go straight to voicemail are external calls or also internal calls or both. In addition, a good indicator would be to find what a "good" software version is and what you define as a bad one.

I have not heard of an issue like this on a global level so the best point to get this to be looked at would be by working with our Partner Microsoft who own the Teams Platform and also supplies us amongst other competitors with the Microsoft Teams IP phone app running on our phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thank you for your response. 

The calls are internal and external. I have been working with Microsoft support on this issue.

I am attaching screen shots from one of the phones one when the calls were going directly  and one after the Poly CCX 600 was reset and the calls went through properly. This was tested with an external call directly to the number assigned to the phone and through the Teams attendant as this is the operators phone. 

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sam.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sams ,

Usually, we would ask for the UC software that is being used aka:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software or Obi Edition Version or the Updater / BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

I replied >here< with the following:

our partner Microsoft delivered to us for the 7.0.2 UC software release the 1449/1.0.94.2021022403 Microsoft Teams App APK.

Via the Microsoft TAC 1449/1.0.94.2021022403 can be upgraded to 1449/1.0.94.2021033002.

The UC Software 7.0.3 still includes 1449/1.0.94.2021022403.

As you can hopefully see the upgraded software via Microsoft seems to be causing the issue you experience. I am unaware if our partner Microsoft has a way of downgrading this again on our phones. Otherwise, a factory reset is the only way.

Please share the Microsoft reference so we can keep track of this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

The Microsoft case numbers that are active on this issue are 25593208 and 25735638 with the most activity on case 25735638 the techs name is Rohit.

Thank you for your assistance in sorting this out.

Sam.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sams ,

I can only try and follow this up internally but I cannot guarantee anything or make any promises on the partner Microsoft front.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

There seem to be other people having the same issue as reported >here<

Hi Steffen, that post on Microsoft Tech Community is about an issue with not being able to sign in to the phone. I don't think that is related to the issue Sams is reporting with calls going directly to voicemail when a CCX 600 is signed in to their account.

@Sams: Are these calls that go directly to voicemail calls to a call queue, or person-to-person calls?

Either way, I suspect this is a Microsoft issue and not a Poly issue.

HP Recommended

Hello @rgsteele1 

I have removed the comment as I simply copied and pasted this from the other post about the software version that can be upgraded via the TAC

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.