With the disabling of basic authentication looming for exchange online I was hoping someone could help clarify the following:
1) PolyCom Trio will be unaffected as long as tenant wide consent was completed and firmware version at 5.9.1AA.
2) Do the Polycom Group series support modern authentication for calendaring? I found the following in a document " if customer intends to use Exchange Calendaring, it will not work as Poly do not currently support OAuth2.0 on the GS Calendar." But then I read other docs that suggest it will work.
Any guidance appreciated.
A couple things to cover here:
1. Basic Authentication is not being removed from Exchange Online as soon as Microsoft originally planned (was to be this month). Global removal was pushed back until the second-half of next year, but Microsoft is not longer enabling it on brand new tenants and is also proactively disabling it on some existing tenants which do not use it all.
2. The Trio and VVX when running the minimum required firmware versions and leveraging the third party Azure Enterprise app will only use Modern Authentication for connections into Exchange Online.https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/polycom-uc/other-documents/en...
3. The Groups Series does not currently support Modern Authentication for calendaring registration into Exchange and can only utilize Basic Authentication. The same Enterprise app mentioned above is leveraged by the Group Series only for Skype for Business registration, not for Exchange. A future update to the Group Series code is planned to add Modern Authentication support prior to Microsoft completely removing Basic Authentication.
Thus, as long as you do not disable Basic Authentication for Exchange Online in your own tenant the Group Series will continue to work.