Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Working in an office with multiple poly c60 phones that are not cooperating. They were working fine, now exhibiting following symptoms:

1. Won't sign in to Teams (you get the "Company Portal" screen, the "Connecting" bar, but nothing happens, and it eventually says "Error, could not sign you in, you will need to sign in again, if you see this message again, please contact your company support [OK]"

2. I can log in and get to Advanced settings, but the only options available are Change User Password and System Information (so I can't factory reset it from there)

3. Won't respond to the 4-finger salute, multiple attempts, multiple people trying

Our network is up and functional. The phone has pulled DHCP and DNS correctly. I can ping it but it does not respond to a browser so no web interface. If I unplug it I can't ping it so no IP conflicts.

Looking for suggestions, ideas, options, etc, before I throw it on the "bricked" pile.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DPittmanHBD ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you read the specific C60 section here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I am not aware of a way you could brick the device and the fact the password won't show the other selections make me assume that you are using the User Password rather than the Admin Password.

Signing into Teams I explained in detail >here< today already

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Figured it out, it was a weird one. I was indeed using a user password, so that was part of my problem. Was able to guess the admin password (another tech had changed it to a non-standard one) and change it. With admin rights I was able to do some more poking around without success. So I took one of them home, and connected it to my network, and it worked like a charm. Further investigation made me realize that the work network was handing out some DHCP options that we no longer needed (related to older Poly SfB phones, not Teams) - specifically a time (SNTP) server that crashed a couple weeks ago. Killed those options and they started working. This can be closed if that's a thing. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @DPittmanHBD ,

thanks for following this up. Nothing can be closed as this is a simple community forum and not our support portal.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey, we're having very similar issues since the latest firmware updates with the C60s and CCX500s. They get stuck in a weird login loop. It'll look like it's logging in then drop back to the provisioning screen.

What was the specific DHCP option configured out of interest? We did used to have SfB phones too. I can't see anything much, we've got them setup on a separate voice VLAN though..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.