Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Stephanie,

I just started using the CCX 500 with Teams and my rep informed me that it is not possible to connect my phone to my PC due a bug. Is this true and will it be fixed? Right now, in order to join a Teams meeting where there is a screen share, I need to join both on my phone and PC. This causes issues as I sometime forget to mute my PC which then causes a lot of echo. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jay

HP Recommended

Hello @Jaygun 

is this a similar issue we already discussed >here<?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. So is Poly's position that this type of configuration is not supported and it is up to Microsoft to fix? This is a HUGE limitation and will prevent us from rolling these phones out to our employees.

HP Recommended

Hello @Jaygun 

our CCX Phones run the Microsoft IP Phone Android app from our partner Microsoft so the quickest way to get confirmation or a fix on this would be by reporting this to Microsoft.

The same/similar happens when for example using the Apple iPhone Teams app.

Teams has a built-in feature to do this so I suggest you follow this:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown here => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

If this is the same then Microsoft is aware of the discussed limitation >here<

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@Jaygun -- You are correct that you won't be able to use Teams and Teams-enabled desk phones as a drop-in replacement for Skype for Business until Microsoft provides a tether (like BToE in SfB) between the phone and the computer. Microsoft owns the entire Teams ecosystem, and it's not for Poly or their competitors to supply this piece.  

You are correct that it's a huge frustration for Skype for Business shops like ours that are accustomed to working with desk phones. I hope Microsoft provides this missing link to their partners soon. 

HP Recommended

I just got the CCX 400 and 500 for testing and both are underwhelming.  Looks like they just updated the Trio's touchscreen and slapped it on to this thing.  Keep in mind you need to enabled device administrator in Intune for these devices to successfully register or you'll end up in an endless loop.  It also lacks features that were available on Skype, like you can't quick dial someone if you have them grouped in Teams (apparently that feature is coming).  Also keep in mind Poly won't support this device in Teams mode.  Got a problem?  Call Microsoft is their answer. 

HP Recommended

Hello @SRANE ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Your experience regarding support from Poly is incorrect. We will support end-user coming via the correct channels or with one of our support offerings of you are having a hardware issue.

We also support End Customers with anything that is outside of the Microsoft supplied Teams IP Phone Android client.

CCX Phones run the Microsoft IP Phone Android app from our partner Microsoft so the quickest way to get confirmation or a fix on this would be by reporting this to Microsoft.

Teams has a built-in feature to do this so I suggest you follow this:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown here => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Similar to who you would contact if you experience an issue with the Teams client on an Apple or Android device. The manufacturers of these cannot provide support for issues discovered on these either. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.