Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey all,

We use Microsoft as our VOIP provider via SfB/Teams. In the last 5-6 months, we've started experiencing an issue where we would receive an incoming PTSN call on our VVX 311 phone and when we answer, there would be no audio in either direction. Thinking we might be running outdated software, we updated to the latest UC that was SfB certified. This seems to have made the issue worse. We also tried resetting the phone entirely and resigning into Microsoft. Almost every call we answer now has no audio but will remain active until one end hangs up.

Any thoughts here? We spoke to Microsoft and they indicated a device issue, but this used to work for quite a while before we started having issues.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @berto ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.
So our Partner Microsoft thinks that our phone, without any change prior to the firmware, despite being 3PIP certified by them suddenly develops an issue?

I am sure this does not sound plausible to you.

I suggest you push their support on this statement.

If this fails, please check here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Other community members can try and help you but again most likely support would need to come from our partner Microsoft. If this fails please open a ticket via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It appears as though having the Microsoft tenant in "Teams Only" mode causes this to break. I had to revert to Islands mode to get it working again. Does this sound reasonable? Should the VVX 311 play nicely with a tenant in "Teams Only" mode? I would like to think it should, but not sure why.

HP Recommended

We're experiencing this same issue with VVX 300 phones. Tenant A started as a Skype for Business organization and migrated through to Teams Only mode. Tenant A's users have fewer bi-directional audio issues (anecdotally, it may be users provisioned after going to Teams Only that have problems?). Tenant B is new, cloud-only, and has been Teams Only mode from the start. Tenant B's users have no bi-directional audio on any call with the VVX 300, and after saying it might be a solution, Microsoft won't tell us whether there's even an option to switch Tenant B to Islands mode.

No version of the VVX firmware (even the newest handful of versions that somehow Poly and Microsoft can't work to get supported after multiple years) will fix the issue.

The mobile, web and desktop apps all work fine, naturally.

Very frustrating that Microsoft claims it will be supporting 3PIP phones until 2023+, but "can't determine the issue" after a 3-week ongoing support case.

HP Recommended

Hello @cseaman ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Not much has changed since Microsoft 3PIP certified phones like ours. The only difference that I am aware of is that recently Microsoft added RTCP-MUX into the INVITE in certain scenarios. This was never a scenario that Poly needed to certify during the 3PIP qualification. As a result, we drop the call after 30 seconds.

This is a known issue within Microsoft and they have a ticket open under 26123754

You do mention Poly in your reply but I am unsure if you actually have an open support case. If yes please share the ticket number.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.