Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using VVX 410's with Skype for Business. Calls do ring out but there is no audio at either end. I've had recent issues with the firewall relating to downloading updates, but I've fixed those. I think the problem might be related to the phone's software being behind.

How can I manually apply the update to the phone or do I have to go through the process of manually updating one update at a time?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @AdamJF ,

Welcome back to the Poly community.

Your old post => here <= never received a reply and is still open/pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provide some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

This new post was posted in the wrong section and has been moved. It does not contain sufficient information for the volunteers within the community to try and help you.

I suggest you check the FAQ regarding software upgrades.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are using the VVX 410's for Skype for Business.

This is the most recent software version:

UC Software Version 5.9.0.9373
Updater Version 5.9.7.11143

I was having firewall issues with downloading the updates. I was able to fix these issues but the phones do not download the updater, the software, or the latest configuration. I tried it this morning and even though it appeared to be going through the proccess, the software still shows it being an older version.

Most recent log:

0819133057|proxy|3|00|proxy's Timer,Running(0),Start(45000)
0819133057|proxy|2|00|Proxy Saved Req: xnid(1484660807),id(0x449cc440),expiry(45000)
0819133057|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(201)AuthServicePolicyServiceKey:(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey:(205)AuthSvcAOServiceRequestKey
Caller Service(138)AuthServiceCallerAbs:IndicationCode(0)
,TransactionID(1484660807)
0819133057|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(201)AuthServicePolicyServiceKey:(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey:(206)AuthSvcAOServiceReplyKey
Caller Service(138)AuthServiceCallerAbs:IndicationCode(200)Got WT
,TransactionID(1484660807)
0819133057|auth |2|00|Response(-1)auth,(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey,(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,1484660807,1597869057,1)IndicationCode:(200)Got WT
0819133057|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Received Response, TransactionID[1484660807]
0819133057|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Returning Response to Requester, TransactionID[1484660807]
0819133057|proxy|2|00|Proxy deleted Req: xnid(1484660807),id(0x449cc440)
0819133057|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter feature.validate.peer.cert requested type 0 but is of type 7
0819133057|proxy|2|00|Request(-1)proxy,(1002)ReqQuery,(-1),(-1),(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,-1,1597869057,0)IndicationLevel:(200)
0819133057|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Received Request on Proxy Service
0819133057|proxy|2|00|CProxyService:: Forwarding Request to nisvc, TransactionID[296126162]
0819133057|nisvc|2|00|Request(-1)nisvc,(701)NIServiceHttpReqMsgKey,(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(50000,296126162,1597869057,0)IndicationLevel:(200)
0819133057|proxy|3|00|proxy's Ticked,Reason(Internal),Count/Size(1/1),Stop? (No)
0819133057|proxy|3|00|proxy's Timer,Running(1),Start(50000)
0819133057|proxy|2|00|Proxy Saved Req: xnid(296126162),id(0x449cc440),expiry(50000)
0819133057|log |5|00|Skipped uploading of failed log file because no of failures are > 4 or last upload failed time is < 60 seconds.
0819133058|nisvc|2|00|
HP Recommended

Hello @AdamJF ,

At a quick glance, as I am currently on holiday, the logs show nothing of interest.

From our "normal" FAQ:

May 11, 2018 Question: Why do I get a "Failed to fetch available software from the Poly hosted server" error message or able to download list but unable to upgrade/downgrade?

Resolution: Please ensure your firewall allows outbound network traffic as shown  => here <=

I suggest you set up a local FTP server and use this to provide a currently supported software to the phones in question.

If this does not resolve your issue, and no other volunteer as any other ideas and/or the community search does not reveal a solution the next step would be a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It looks like it is downloading and installing the correct updates. I think the firewall was the issue but nothing has changed on it since the last message. 

I am currently downloading the latest versions, hopefully.

HP Recommended

Looks like I have to download and install the updates one at a time. Is there a speedier solution for this?

HP Recommended

Hello @AdamJF 

I have already replied >here< with clear instructions and troubleshooting steps. You have not followed up the post and neither posted any logs for us to try and help you.

You simply select the drop-down box and the desired software and the rest should be automatic. If this fails then there is most likely some sort of firewall or proxy.

The next step would be to set up a manual provisioning server which also helps to collect logs or configure the phones.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

If this all fails I already outlined the next steps in the above-linked post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

None of the solutions have worked so far. I was able to upgrade the VVX to the most current software available on the web UI.

The first image what the configuration looked like before the upgrade. The phone does not appear to work properly with this config. I can't hear any voices and it apparently does not succeed at dialing out.

The phone itself with say that a 'device upgrade' is available.It then goes through a cycle of downloading, extracting, and installing the upgrade. It then says 'Could not download config file...'.

It then goes through this 'update' process over and over again without succeeding. Eventually, I am able to get into the phone but, as seen in the second image, the upgrade has been reversed and it is now using an older configuration.

I can post the logs if I knew what error I was looking for in them.

HP Recommended

Hello @AdamJF 

it is really hard trying to help you if you only follow up half of what is asked.

Our publicly available FAQ has this post:

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: For Skype for Busines please download, unpack, and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

We did ask for a Mac address so we can look up who would be able to support you and other things but you have not provided these as of yet.

From my point of view, I am done trying to help you and please engage your reseller or any other community member.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.