Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

VVX (various - 601, 411, 311, 401, etc.. - all exhibit this behavior)

FW 5.9.3

Microsoft Teams-only org.
Microsoft Phone system, calling plans, and audioconferencing licenses applied. 

Teams meeting created, invites sent out. Meeting attendees receive email including the PSTN call-in number. Meeting organizer using Polycom desk phones per above.

Meeting organizer "Joins" his meeting on his Polycom desk phone. When attendees external to the organization call-in using the conference PSTN # supplied, the organizer sees them listed on his phone screen as waiting to be admitted, and those callers on their end are on hold waiting to be admitted to the meeting, however, there doesn't seem to be any way for the organizer to actually admit the callers via the VVX interface - you can highlight the callers' names, select them, but there is no soft-button or any other way I can determine to admit them which leaves them in a permanent state of waiting in lobby until they hang up.

Could not find anything in the FAQ or documentation about this. Does anyone know how to admit a caller into a Teams meeting from the "lobby"?

TIA,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We have turned off the lobby feature enterprise wide as a default - do you actually need it in your use case?  It can still be tweaked manually on individual meetings if necessary.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @rmanjoney ,

is this the same customer that had the 2-way audio issue => here <= or is this a new question / different customer?

If it is the same could you share how this was fixed?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This is a different customer, a new issue, and for all I know completely unrelated to any other questions I've previously posted or am currently working on. 

HP Recommended

I don’t believe this will be possible.  The VVX (and Trio) software does not currently include the ability to admit a participant from the lobby among the available conference controls when directly connected to a Skype for Business meeting.

Yet, even if that capability could be added to the phone's software it likely would not work when joining a Microsoft Teams meeting as that is not listed as a supported feature in the Skype for Business Online to Teams audio gateway:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Skype-for-Business-Certified-IP-Phone...

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You are correct, I didn't realize we had added that into UCS.  I just tested it and it works with a Skype meeting, but not in a Teams meeting, as I suspected.  In a Teams meeting the attendee in the lobby will be shown as a regular participant and not designed as in the lobby like it is during a Skype meeting.  This is likely due to Microsoft's SIP audio gateway not supporting that capability between SfB qualified phones and Teams meetings.

HP Recommended

We have turned off the lobby feature enterprise wide as a default - do you actually need it in your use case?  It can still be tweaked manually on individual meetings if necessary.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Needed? Sometimes it's very useful to keep people out until certain attendees have joined and been briefed - that's the typical use case for this client. I guess disabling it will have to be the workaround for this issue until we replace their phones.

HP Recommended

If they have access to a desktop or mobile device, they can join the meeting with the Teams client for the sole purpose of admitting meeting participants and still use the VVX for the voice component.

Given that the participants in the lobby do show up in the list, the fact that you cannot admit them to the meeting may in fact be a bug, so it might be worth opening a ticket with Office 365 support about this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.