Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Support,

I have a new office with loads of Trio 8800 installed. For the last 3 weeks all has been working fine but when i came in on Monday the contact search function had stopped working.

The units are signing in ok and we can make calls and VC calls but when you search the contacts nothing is displayed.

Running UC 5.4.5.9188. Also tried factory resetting one to see if that wold help but nothing!

Below is a snapshot of the error log with the last line being interesting but don't know how to diagnose further;

Help 😞

0706105716|cfg  |5|00|Prm|Parameter feature.lync.abs.enabled requested type 2 (SInt) but is of type 7 (Bool)
0706105716|tickt|4|00|[StdRet soWebTicketO365Info::soWebTicketFetchADFSToken()]:[7170]  pSecurityTokenSamlAssertion[<saml:Assertion MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="1" AssertionID="_da08d89b-4cde-4d3a-9ab2-68896ed4b65e" Issuer="http://rankgroup.com/adfs/services/trust/" IssueInstant="2017-07-06T09:57:17.291Z" xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:assertion"><saml:Conditions NotBefore="2017-07-06T09:57:17.291Z" NotOnOrAfter="2017-07-06T10:57:17.291Z"><saml:AudienceRestrictionCondition><saml:Audience>urn:federation:MicrosoftOnlin
0706105717|tickt|4|00|[StdRet soWebTicketO365Info::soWebTicketFetchWsFedBearerToken()]:[6951]  pSecurityTokenSamlAssertion[<saml:Assertion MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="1" AssertionID="SamlSecurityToken-336b9495-7340-4ae8-83ae-8c5030e80aa8" Issuer="https://db41e11fes01.infra.lync.com:4443/30afe139-b9d7-5660-a0f5-8f579d9edfcb" IssueInstant="2017-07-06T09:57:17.915Z" xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:assertion"><saml:Conditions NotBefore="2017-07-06T09:57:17.000Z" NotOnOrAfter="2017-07-06T17:36:44.915Z"><saml:AudienceRestr
0706105717|abs  |4|00|[CAbsDirectory::getContactsFromServer] received empty response or error code = 6
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello Mark-AV,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are having the exactsame issue. It was working on all devices but after a reboot, none of our 5 Polycom are able to use the contacts search.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Hello CASTGRAN,

Could I kindly ask you to follow the instructions provided to the original poster?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaier,

I have checked all the FAQs and still cant fix the issue. I have increased the loggin level of the ABS service and all i get is that the Trio is waiting for a reply from the server. This is now causing a real issue as without an address book its near on imposible to call anyone in Skype.

I have also raised a ticket with Microsoft incase its an issue on the Office365 end but i need help from Polycom to pinpoint where the issues is. FYI the search on the GS500 is still working but i guess that uses a different method as we have to configure the directory serivce seperatly to the SIP signin.

What else can i try now?

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

Hello Mark-AV,

The next step is to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing this too. Have just setup our Skype enabled meeting room with Trio + Visual, everything is working perfectly (I really, really like the Trio!!) except that there are no contacts found when I enter a name.

I found this link saying that it is a known issue that will be fixed in 5.5.x:

Trio unable to search Skype for Business contacts when using NTLM authentication

In order to set expectations, please can I ask what the rough time frames for this release will be?

Best regards, J

HP Recommended

Hello JoeUser,

I suggest to open a official Ticket as the support team can share release dates. This is of course subject to change.

In addition being invited to the Beta Program would already allow you to test this release prior to the official release date. Again the support team can do this together with a Polycom Sales Engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen - I'll raise a ticket.

HP Recommended

Hello.

Just to let you know that I'm experiencing the same exact issue with our Trio 8800 Collaboration Kit, updated to the latest firmware version. We are using Skype for Business Online.

I'm working with our reseller to find a solution, but being so many people having the same issue and just in the last weeks, it looks like it's something widespread.

Thanks,

Luca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.