Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Has there been any issues spotted with 5.4.5 firmware on certain VVX phones when running Skype for Business (6.0.9319.235 FE)? We have recently deployed this firmware release via our provisioning server and have seen issues on both BToE (v3.3.0.0) connected VVX300 and VVX410 phones.

The issue manifests itself where a successfully BToE connected user selects a contact from the Skype for Business soft client and chooses to call. On release 5.4.2.2834, the call is made and the handset can be picked up, with the dial tone being audible and the call is established. Where we have release 5.4.5.6770 applied to the VVX300/VVX410 phones, when the user picks up the handset, there is no dial tone and the call is not established. Reverting the firmware back to 5.4.2.2834, the behaviour is corrected. Interestingly, we have VVX500/600 devices with the latest firmware applied and the correct behaviour is seen – the VVX500/600 devices appear not to be affected.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour at all? Are we doing something wrong in the deployment of our updates?

Thanks,
Steve

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can reproduce this but in order to get more attention I would suggest you also raise this via your Polycom reseller. Please quote VESC-6909 / 1-4245538269

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen - many thanks for confirming the behaviour. I've contacted my reseller (Rocom) and will await an update.

Thanks again,

Steve

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.