Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone,

Before I start, I've already reached out to our POLYCOM reseller.  😉

I am running:

BToE 3.3.0 on Windows 7 Professional

UC Software Version  5.4.2.2834

As soon as BToE starts, the PC Audio window opens with a 'session clock' running.  This happens even if the phone is NOT set to be the default communications devices on Windows.

After reviewing the log below, anyone have any thoughts as to how to resolve this?  We would like to leverage BToE to work along with Skype for Business.

I have narrowed this to the following:

Phone drivers used with BToE appear as 'USB device drivers'

BToE 3.3.0

Windows 7

I have had the same condition with older releases of BToE and UC software.

Here's the LOG from the phone with my comments (noted with a // 😞

//  updatePlaybackCallAppearance (x2) appears every time the PC Audio window opens on the phone

//  It repeats everytime the windows reappears after I closed the previous PC Audio window on the phone

0324135154|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135154|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135217|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135217|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135427|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135427|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

//  Exiting the BToE application on Window 7 Professional (BToE version 3.3.0)

0324135928|btoe |4|00|stopCall sending PpsRemCtrlDrop() to SO

0324135928|btoe |4|00|stopCall Send End Call Request to LC and assign hsoCall handle to NULL

0324135928|btoe |4|00|mediaSess2PpsCallRelease

0324135928|btoe |4|00|Received MsgPpsAssocTaskCallDrop: Nothing todo

0324135928|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324135928|efk  |1|00|Got call state change: [7]

0324135928|efk  |1|00|Got call state change: [0]

//  Starting up BToE Windows application (no PC Audio windows has appeared yet)

0324140000|btoe |4|00|received WebServerConfig Request

0324140000|btoe |4|00|Processing BtoEAssocWebServerConfigReqRecv

//  PC Audio window appears moments after BToE application has started on computer

0324140005|so   |4|00|[SoMediaSessC]: MsgPpsCallCreateCmnd, current termination (btoe) 10

0324140005|efk  |1|00|Got call state change: [9]

0324140005|app1 |5|00|appBtoeSuspendCallScreen

0324140005|efk  |1|00|Got call state change: [6]

0324140005|efk  |1|00|EFK is in connected state.

0324140010|app1 |5|00|appBtoeResumeCallScreen

0324140010|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

//  These entries appear when I closed the PC Audio window on the phone and then reappears

0324140205|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

0324140205|app1 |5|00|updatePlaybackCallAppearence    ----  line  0

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi rnladva,

We've seen this behavior with a few applications on the workstation 'grabbing' the polycom audio even when they are not active and the polycom is not the default device.  One in particular is GoTo Meeting although it's not the only one we've seen.

With GoTo, if it is loaded at all, even without a meeting in session the PC Audio displays on the Polycom.  Shut down GoTo and the PC Audio msg goes away.

In the case of GoTo, you can manually set GoTo to use a specific device.  In the GoTo options under Audio you may find it is set to use the polycom even though the polycom is not the workstation's default device.  Choose another device and the problem is solved.

So, I'd suggest closing programs on the PC one by one and then shutting down services one by one until you find the problem child and go from there. 

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We need a ticket raised on this via your Polycom reseller or post a MAC address so I can look up the reseller for you in order to raise a ticket.

Without following this up we cannot fix anything.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This has been a slow going resolution process through our vendor, Unified Communications.  This is happening on multiple phones that are connected to the PC, using BToE.  I know for a fact that if I turn off the BToE software (Polycom software) the window does disappear.

HP Recommended

Hello rnladva,

have ypu got any Polycom reference usually starting with 1- ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update on this issue? Why is this showing on the display necessary? Allow something in the config to turn on or off the notification of this being displayed. It's concerning to the users who don't understand why it's showing up. Many feel they are being recorded with the countdown and the speaker button being lit.

HP Recommended

Hello smooney1973,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowledge nobody ever followed this up so there is no evidence of what is causing this and how we could prevent it.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains what you would need to do to request a change to how our software operates.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I had a similar issue when I disconnected a USB headset from my laptop. When i plugged the headset back in, the message went away. It appeared again a few days later, again when I unplugged the headset, but this time stayed when I plugged it back in. I am on a win10 pc with BToE.  To resolve, I had to go to Control Panel/ Manage Audio Devices and switch the default to Polycom USB Audio Playback (my VVX phone), save, switch back to the headset as default and save again. It has been fine since! BToE had been working fine, except for showing the PC Audio message. If you disconnected a headset and no longer plan to use it, you may want to try uninstalling - seems BToE does not like too many peripheral changes.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.