Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

On my 8800 running 5.5.4.2255 I have 2 lines 

Line 1 = SfB (not enabled for PSTN calls)

Line 2 = VOIP provider

Unfortunately some people are getting confused when trying to make an outbound PSTN call as if they press "dial a number" icon, or the bottom left icon for line 1 they get a dial pad, but it's trying to use Line 1 hence it will fail for PSTN.

So my question is either

1. Is there a way to get PSTN  calls to default to line 1?  or

2. is there a way to disable

i.  the "dial a number" icon and

ii. the line 1 icon in the bottom left (or if not, can it default to start on the contacts page rather than the dial pad to be less confusing)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @spaceandtime,

The homeScreen.newCall.enable parameter is for the VVX only and has been placed into the 5.5.4 Trio Admin Guide as an error.

The parameter you are after is homeScreen.placeACall.enable.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

and the "present" icon  seems pretty useless - any way to disable that from home screen too?

HP Recommended

Hello @spaceandtime,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Your first request can be partly archived by using a different digitmap that ensures you are only able to dial out on line 2 but we cannot stop people from pressing Line 1 and trying to dial.

The above would be a feature request.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Your second question can be archived via a configuration file.

Mar 30, 2016 Question:Can I customize the Idle Screen of a Polycom Trio?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

There is a parameter in the admin guide that disables the Present Button so please follow the above example.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, I found homeScreen.present.enable and set it to 0 which removed present

I also tried homeScreen.newCall.enable=0 hoping it would remove the dial a number button but it did not.  Is there a parameter for removing "dial a number"?

And is there a way of ordering the bottom row of icons, i.e. the bottom left button for line 1, could I move that to the end of the row?

HP Recommended

Hello @spaceandtime,

The homeScreen.newCall.enable parameter is for the VVX only and has been placed into the 5.5.4 Trio Admin Guide as an error.

The parameter you are after is homeScreen.placeACall.enable.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I see new firmware has now been released but couldn't see reference to setting line 2 as default for SIP - has this been included?

HP Recommended

Hello @spaceandtime,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server ?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

I am not aware that there was a specific feature request to add the feature to prioritize or block certain lines but the above example should get you going.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes I'm up and running as of a couple of months ago using the above workaround thanks, I was just under the impression it was being permanently resolved in a future release.

And BTW for the first time I've had trouble rolling out the new firmware on the first machine - now auto rolling back, despite the settings here https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/VVX-300-Skype-for-Business-Online-firmware-autom... being set that have prevented this in the past

HP Recommended

Hello @spaceandtime,

like stated I am not aware of any organisation raising this or at least raised this with enough interest attached to an opportunity so we would include such feature in a new software.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ explains how this works.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I would second this request. We are a company of 80,000 employees and have many Trio's deployed. We utilize dual registration and having 2 line keys at the bottom of the screen causes confusion with users and increased ticket volume for our service desk. If not available today, I will be requesting this as a feature with our sales engineer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.