Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trio RP 5.4.3.2389 with Visual+. I have unfortunately no control over the LAN settings in the company. When i set up a new Trio, it takes normally some hours until the Visual+ is shown in "networked devices" and can be paired. If the Trio or the Visual+ are shut down (network outage, power outage) later and reboot, in 80% all is fine and in 20% the Trio will not pair to the Visual+ and the Visual+ says "could not be paired". It is shown with its mac in the Trio as "not avialable". Network is ok, both devices are reachable with web browser and ping, mac is correct and shown in the web gui, same vlan; did work before.

Any Suggestions how to troubleshoot this ? Any Way to "push" the pairing ? Any Idea if network settings are missing ? i have read something in the documentation about multicast, but if this would be the problem it would never work. as i said, for the initial installation i connect the devices and wait some hours and then the Visual+ is discovered, and in 80% of the reboots all is fine

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

ps: i have connected the visual+ directly to the Trio RP LAN out for TEsting, same result. "can not be paired" and is shown as "unavailable"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.