Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We just purchased a Poly C60 in hopes of using the stated three registrations to have one registered to our Cisco phone system, and another registered to Microsoft Teams via Office 365 Account.  We do not have a MS Teams phone system.

When I set the base profile to Teams, that's all it seems to do. If I set it to Generic, it looks like I can register the phone, but I can't seem to figure out to get a second line so that I can register MS Teams and have both icons at the bottom to choose from.  Any help as I'm new to Polycom devices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @CBOI  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Trio C60 needs to be on software 5.9.4 >here< and run the openSIP/Generic base profile.

You can then use the new Call Application Switching. Please bear in mind that once you switch between the different modes only the current service is working.

I.e. example:

• openSIP mode you cannot receive a call from the Teams application
  • Teams application you cannot receive a call from openSIP

There is no 2nd line unlike the previous Hybrid registration scenario with Skype for Business.

You can switch between the applications by either swiping two fingers from the top to bottom or using the Android Icon at the bottom left.

Example configurations are in the above post.

If you still struggle please work with a Poly reseller to raise a ticket

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @CBOI  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Trio C60 needs to be on software 5.9.4 >here< and run the openSIP/Generic base profile.

You can then use the new Call Application Switching. Please bear in mind that once you switch between the different modes only the current service is working.

I.e. example:

• openSIP mode you cannot receive a call from the Teams application
  • Teams application you cannot receive a call from openSIP

There is no 2nd line unlike the previous Hybrid registration scenario with Skype for Business.

You can switch between the applications by either swiping two fingers from the top to bottom or using the Android Icon at the bottom left.

Example configurations are in the above post.

If you still struggle please work with a Poly reseller to raise a ticket

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  I've updated the firmware on the Poly C60 to 5.9.4.6847 and was hoping to see some different choices.  I do not know how to setup the applications at the bottom.  The only icon I see at the bottom of the display is a phone icon for the SIP line.  I use two fingers and swipe down and also see a Poly icon, but clicking on it takes me to the home screen again.  I've chosen Generic as the base profile.  I guess I assumed that it would just automatically have an icon for the SIP line, and an icon for MS Teams.

I've even enabled the web browser configuration and cannot find anything within it to help me.  I know I'm just looking in the wrong direction.  And yes, we purchased this through Newegg and I'm sure, a 3rd party distributer.  Trying to get this to work for a conference we have tomorrow.  Any other tips or help?  I can't even find anything on the web about Call Application Switching.....

Regards,

Gary

HP Recommended

Hello @CBOI  ,

The linked FAQ post contains the sample configuration required to get this feature working.

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how you can use this to get this working.

If you still struggle, and no other community volunteer can help please open a ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello @CBOI  

I have attached some examples of the linked FAQ post for software 5.9.4. Please download and unzip these and choose the one that fits your scenario via importing sing the C60 Web Interface.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Thanks for your assistance.  I am uncertain where the attachments are, but I was able to create a small CFG file and upload via the web config utility last evening.  Adding the following lines has allowed me to have the application switching.

<web apps.android.appSwitcher.enabled="1"
apps.android.appSwitcher.MSTeams.enabled="1" />

Thanks,

Gary

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.