Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with e911 and Poly VVXs registered to the Teams 3pip gateway?

We are seeing that VVXs registered to Skype on-prem provide location data to our e911 service but when registered to Teams via the 3pip GW, no location is provided.  Location is provided when the same account is used in the Teams client and on a new Teams phone(CCX).

Any help is much appreciated.

We have tried many SW revs, starting with 5.9.5 and continuing on to latest and greatest.

Thanks

Sean

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

This "should" work and you can verify this by setting the following logging:

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > Trio 8300 & VVX after 5.5.0 = 1000
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Debug
Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Location Manager > Debug

The above should show the inbound provisioning from the Skype server:

0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <provisionGroup name="locationPolicy" >
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <propertyEntryList >
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <property name="EnhancedEmergencyServicesEnabled" >true</property>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <property name="LocationPolicyTagID" >user-tagid</property>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <property name="EmergencyNumbers" >911;911-1911;911-9911;933;</property>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <property name="PstnUsage" >EmergencyUsageNoamVer2</property>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    <property name="LocationRefreshInterval" >4</property>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    </propertyEntryList>
0212103816|sip  |0|00|    </provisionGroup>
0212103817|loc |0|00|cfgLocationTask: msg 6002 0 2828 0x41bb8398
0212103817|loc |2|00|MsgQ dequeue: 0x6002
0212103817|loc |0|00|Lync Reg Info: slot 0, type 1, data "true"
0212103817|loc |0|00|cfgLocationTask: msg 6002 0 2828 0x41b08bd8
0212103817|loc |2|00|MsgQ dequeue: 0x6002
0212103817|loc |0|00|Lync Reg Info: slot 0, type 3, data "user-tagid"
0212103818|loc |0|00|cfgLocationTask: msg 6002 0 2828 0x1fbfee0
0212103818|loc |2|00|MsgQ dequeue: 0x6002
0212103818|loc |0|00|Lync Reg Info: slot 0, type 0, data "https://example.infra.lync.com:9999/locationinformation/liservice.svc"
0212103918|loc |0|00|cfgLocationTask: msg 6007 0 101 0x1ea8450
0212103918|loc |2|00|MsgQ dequeue: 0x6007
0212103918|loc |2|00|MsgLocationLyncTimer: RSSI 0
0212103918|loc |2|00|kickLync: https://example.infra.lync.com:9999/locationinformation/liservice.svc
0212103918|loc |2|00|fetchLocationInfo: Sending Location Information Query
0212103918|loc |2|00|Sending LOC query using WebTicket
0212103918|loc |2|00|prepareAndSendRequest: Received RequestType(2)

You could also check LLDP in addition at debug. From the Microsoft end, I suggest you verify the EnhancedEmergencyServicesEnabled command.

Inbound provisioning via the 3PIP gateway should set this all up and should be visible in a backup PBU file.

If you still struggle you can contact support via the below and quote 1-19759900881 as this sounds similar.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen!

We'll test more tomorrow and open a case if we still have issues.  Appreciate the case # to reference as well.

I'll follow up with the final outcome so this thread is updated.

HP Recommended

Steffen,

Where do we actually set the provisioning values?  I noticed when we perform web sign in and use the 3PIP gw, a lot of provisioning happens that contradicts our on-prem HTTP provisioning server that I control.

Specifically, I noticed the emergency services is set to false, where yours was true.

0416192232|sip |0|00| <provisionGroup name="locationPolicy" >
0416192232|sip |0|00| <propertyEntryList >
0416192232|sip |0|00| <property name="EnhancedEmergencyServicesEnabled" >false</property>
0416192232|sip |0|00| <property name="LocationPolicyTagID" >user-tagid</property>
0416192232|sip |0|00| <property name="LocationRefreshInterval" >4</property>

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

HP Recommended

Hi @Sean_Stanley66 

as mentioned above the EnhancedEmergencyServicesEnabled command should control this on the Skype for Business/3PIP/Teams side.

I suggest you work with our friends from Microsoft on this as they are provisioning this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We have also come across this issue with a US customer migrating from on-prem SfB to Teams. Logged a ticket with Microsoft and they're telling us we're up the proverbial creek and to use a supported Teams device (tested CCX 500 and Trio C60 and they work as expected).

We've attempted to manually configure E-9-1-1. While the location information is correct, it's not sent to Skype for Business Online and the Skype for Business Status page says that Enhanced Emergency Services is disabled.

Is there a parameter we're missing or just cannot be done and customer has to get some new handsets?

<locInfo
	locInfo.source="CONFIG"
	locInfo.1.label="123 Test Street, Fake Town, ZZ"
	locInfo.1.country="US"
	locInfo.1.A1="ZZ"
	locInfo.1.A3="Fake Town"
	locInfo.1.RD="Test"
	locInfo.1.STS="Street"
	locInfo.1.POD=""
	locInfo.1.HNO="123"
	locInfo.1.HNS=""
	locInfo.1.LOC="Fake Business"
	locInfo.1.NAM="Fake Business"
	locInfo.1.PC="12345"
/>
<feature
	feature.E911.enabled="1"
	feature.E911.usagerule.retransmission="1"
/>
<dialplan
	dialplan.1.e911dialmask="112;000"
	dialplan.1.e911dialstring="911"
	dialplan.routing.emergency.1.value="911"
/>
<voIpProt
	voIpProt.SIP.header.priority.enable="1"
/>
HP Recommended

Hello @tristang ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I am not familiar with e911 requirements as this is not something I deal with in my region. I can only suggest getting this into our support organization.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

We are a Poly reseller/partner but these handsets are well out of warranty and I'd be surprised if Poly would want to make code workarounds for SfBO now anyway.

We still have an open ticket with Microsoft as 3PIP phones are supposed to be supported with Teams until July 31st, 2023, including for 911.

Skype for Business phones (3PIP) support with Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community

Skype for Business Certified IP Phones with Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community

HP Recommended

Hello @tristang ,

the tip was more to check with our support team in the USA for advice on how to realize this in a different method.

It's great that you have a ticket open with Microsoft and I assume we have to cross this bridge again when Microsoft introduces the SIP Teams Gateway in the near future.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. Supposedly support for 3PIP is now beyond 2023 with the announcement of SIP phone support. Presumably with Poly Open SIP registration we would just manually configure locations and E911 support and hope that Microsoft passes the XML through to Direct Routing or Calling Plan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.