Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are experiencing issues with our PolyCom CCX500 Teams enabled units and it's a major problem.  This is a $300-350 phone.  These shouldn't be issues.  Here are some other issues with the CCX500:

• Cannot conference call in another number (only contacts) - no dialpad appears
  • NO Hold music if you put a call on hold from PolyCom (but DOES work via Teams Desktop) [As was stated in original poster]

• Missed call light doesn’t clear even if you acknowledge the call on Team Desktop

Please fix these issues!  Don't ask us to go to Microsoft (as we've been told by Poly before).  YOU the vendor should be taking this feedback and going to Microsoft.  YOU Are selling the phone capable of running teams.  Don't sell it if it won't work as a basic phone - PLEASE!

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @RSAdm ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The community is run by volunteers. I personally have already explained how to report Microsoft Teams IP phone issues >here< where you also replied.

What do you do in case of running this Teams IP Phone software on an Apple or Android product? Would you want these vendors to open a ticket on behalf of you?

The same is applicable to our competitors running the same software.

We, Poly, cannot open a ticket on behalf of an end customer. Teams has the ability to do this built-in. If your organization is running Teams then you can work with our partner Microsoft.

I am personally aware that Microsoft is deploying software 6.2.22.0135 via the TAP program so check if you can upgrade via the TAC. So far we do not even know what software you are actually using.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We updated to 6.2 and that resolved the hold issue.  Appreciate the response. 

We have submitted feedback via UserVoice and other channels.  While I understand your comparison to iOS and Android, the reality is, Poly made a device SPECIFIC to Teams (heck, there's an illuminated Teams logo glowing on the device).  Point is, these are single purpose TEAMS ONLY devices.  So, YES, I do feel strongly that the vendors should be advocating for their users -- for their own benefit.  Some of the issues (e.g., hold music not working, inability to conference in callers) are basic functions users expect from any phone.  I would think Poly would WANT to push Microsoft to add these features. 

IF the devices were capable of running on other platforms and weren't exclusive to Teams, then I would completely agree with you that Poly is off the hook.

Poly chose to manufacture and market these devices specifically for Teams, so they are also have a hand in the testing and ensuring the overall quality of the user experience.  

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hello @RSAdm ,

I do fully understand your frustration at the maturity of the product but again you may overestimate what power or influence Poly has with our partner Microsoft.

The App runs on our phone, this is correct, but you can also switch to Skype for Business which we got more control of via the 3PIP program. The phones can also run openSIP and without an NDA in place, I am unable to comment on other apps.

Another example I used in the past would be a PC manufacturer like HP or Lenovo. They may advertise their hardware and sell this with Microsofts operating system but faults or missing functionality on the OS would not be reported back to them or would they?

If you find a hardware fault, or a software fault outside of limitations on the Microsoft Teams IP phone app then this can come into our support organization.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We finished testing competing Yealink phones that have physical dial buttons and are far less expensive.  The performance was superior and some of the issues I've listed here are not issues on the Yealink team phones.  Unfortunately, we will be proceeding with Yealink.  Regards

HP Recommended

Hi RSAdm,

I'm glad you've found something that works for you. You should be aware, however, that Yealink phones seem to have their own set of issues. Here are the three most recent posts I found on the Yealink forums:

VP59 - Teams-to-Teams Federated User issues 

CP960 upgrade to teams n downgrade to yealink original failed 

Cannot Login to Teams 

Oddly, none of these posts have replies from Yealink staff. I guess Yealink doesn't have a SteffenBaierUK.

HP Recommended

Fair enough and, in all honesty, we all prefer Polycom.  The biggest issue is the lack of physical dialpand on a decently priced Teams phone.  That and all the other issues I mentioned (some of which are resolved by having a physical dial-pad -- for example conferencing in another numbre much easier with a dialpad on YeaLink).  

Is there some other PolyCom Teams phone with a physical dialpad we're missing out on?

HP Recommended

Hi @SteffenBaierUK, I would like to quote from an email I received from a Microsoft support engineer regarding a bug I am seeing with a CCX 500:

"The behavior that you've explained is not a Teams service side issue, but a device issue. I would request you to monitor the behavior and if it re-occurs please engage Polycom on this. Polycom has direct escalation path to Microsoft, if they observe it to be an issue at the Microsoft side.

"We understand your concern, however these Polycom devices run on Android version of Teams developed by them, Microsoft does not develop or support phone device as these are completely managed by the vendors. If Polycom believes this is something to do with Microsoft you can escalate this within Polycom, and they would be able to escalate to Microsoft directly.

"If still we have any service issue we are more than happy to help you further, However Device level issues are not supported with Microsoft."

This seems to contradict Polycom's position on who we should be contacting about issues with these devices. Can you please clarify? Is there any kind of official support statement I can point to that clearly delineates the responsibilities for addressing these issues?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

If you find a hardware fault, or a software fault outside of limitations on the Microsoft Teams IP phone app then this can come into our support organization.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Hello @rgsteele1 

please see the above. If our partner Microsoft believes an issue found by yourself needs to come into our support organization please follow up as outlined in the above reply to the original poster.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

we just released CCX 400, 500, 600 Software 6.2.22.0185 >here<

The CCX 400 support page holds a USB Stick software in case the device runs software 1.0.0 or 1.0.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.