Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We're currently using Polycom VVX 410 desk phones with BToE Connector in a Lync 2013 environment - very smooth thus far. We have one minor issue regarding missed call notifications on the VVX phones themselves when paired to a PC with BToE;

- When not pair to a PC, missed call notifications work fine on the phone and you can use the phones interface to see details of the missed call (such as name and number etc)

- When paired to a PC with BToE, missed call notifications still appear as expected, but there are no details on the missed call itself. The phone tells you there's been a missed call, you go into the menu and it says "no missed calls". The details do however appear in outlook and Lync without a problem

- Exit the BToE client, or unpair, and the missed call details work as expected. So to reiterate, the missed call notification works fine in all scenarios. But when the phone is paired to a client, you dont get any details on the missed call on the phone interface.

I have reproduced this on another environment and would like to know if this is expected behavior?

Kind regards
Ben

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Ben,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Stating the above we released today the UC Software 5.3.1 maintenance release which includes the following fix:

• VOIP-101746 BToE paired phones now correctly display missed calls even if Exchange is not set up

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This problem seems to be happening again.

VVX 601 on latest 5.4.4 firmware and using BTOE 3.3.0

missed calls only show on the phones when the BTOE client is not running.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.