Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom CX5500 and Parallels Desktop for Windows

DB84
Occasional Contributor

Polycom CX5500 and Parallels Desktop for Windows

I have a customer using a Macbook Pro that is running both OSX and Parallels Desktop for Windows. The Skype for Business client only works when he is using the Windows platform, but the SfB client is unable to detect the Polycom CX5500 camera and will occassionally not detect the speaker. When he switches over to OSX he has full functionality of the CX5500. He is unable to install the client app on OSX. Is there a way to release the CX5500 USB device on the Macbook but still have it detected by the Windows Virtual Machine?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom CX5500 and Parallels Desktop for Windows

Hello @DB84,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This is such a random use case and most likely an OS restriction.

The CX5500 works with the Skype client running natively on the Mac or on a Windows PC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Karthik  Sivaram
Polycom Employee

CX5500 to a MAC computer will work with the following
OS versions :

- OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

- OS X 10.12 (Sierra)

Also you have to configure MAC support using the CX5500 control panel software :

1.Profile Editor > Advanced

2. Enable MAC OS support
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 4
DB84
Occasional Contributor

In this particular instance, the user cannot setup the latest version of the Skype for Business client on the Mac - it is not configured to work in the environment. However, an older version of the MS Lync (2013) client will work on the Mac and detect the Polycom CX5500. We have tested on a Mac that boots directly to Windows 10, and also has the Skype for Business client installed and the Polycom CX5500 worked on that machine. It seems to be an issue with the Windows virtual machine and Mac OS trying to use the Polycom CX5500 (USB device) at the same time. 

Message 4 of 4