Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Real Presence Trio 8800 - "Service Unavailable"

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Polycom Real Presence Trio 8800 - "Service Unavailable"

Hello my polycom is saying "Service Unavailable 

uc Version 5.4.4.7779

sip 10.210.114.73

can you please help me fiuger out why the line is saying that right now , we do not use skype we use 

Avaya as a SIP endpoint

Message 11 of 24
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @dguyton,

UC Software 5.5.3 is the currently latest available software for the Trio.

Please upgrade to a currently supported version and then post any follow up questions within the
VoIP / SIP Phones section of the community.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 12 of 24
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hello i've update the firmwear but still the same thing 

Message 13 of 24
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have a similar problem.

New Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800.

UC Software Version 5.4.4.7511.

Skype for business on line Plan 2.

Message 14 of 24
Highlighted

Hello @ErikGS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You are not using any currently supported software. The current latest is UCS 5.5.4

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 15 of 24
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, you keep saying the latest support version is UCS 5.5.4. However my 365 Skype for Business tentant keeps downgrading the Trio devices to 5.5.2.11217. My phone Trio 8800 works for about 24 hours, then starts to display the "Service Unavailable" message. 

Thoughts? My only workaround is to use the WebUI, upgrade to latest Polycom firmware, then apply the 5.5.2.11217 (downgrade) when prompted on the device screen. It then works great for period of time, then stops again. This keep ocurring on our only 2 brand new Trio 8800 devices. 

Logs attached.

Message 16 of 24
Highlighted

Hello @brett_lindsey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

We also poste this => here <= within our Polycom Engineering Advisories and Technical Notifications

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 17 of 24
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen, should I be running the latest firmeware from Polycom server or the recommdend Skype firmware that it auto downgrades to?

Message 18 of 24
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have fixed the phone all i did was export the policies and configs form my other working phones into the none working phone and it works . The option is located on web consoule and it reads import export polices 

Message 19 of 24
Highlighted

Hello @brett_lindsey,

You should always ensure to be on a Polycom supported Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 20 of 24