Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all, I'll state the version first:

Phone Model SoundStation IP 5000
Part Number 3111-30900-001 Rev:H
UC Software Version 4.0.8.1972
BootROM Software Version 5.0.8.0935

Microsoft Lync 2010

I've been asked to set up this phone to talk to our Lync 2010 installation and having no experience with this I used the following to do it:  http://blog.schertz.name/2011/12/lync-integration-with-polycom-sip-phones/

I'm now at the stage where the phone is showing "Offline Logon credentials failed" and no matter what credentials I use it does not work. I have enabled the various logging settings for troubleshooting and have attached the log to this message.

I've also enabled logging on the Lync server and basically I'm getting "sip/2.0 401 unauthorized" when the phone tries to authenticate - its using AD credentials to authenticate but when it fails I do not see any authentication failures in the domain controller logs for the account.

Can anyone help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We did try to get our Polycom reseller to log a call on our behalf but all they would do is send us a new phone once I sent the old one back.

I'm now trying to configure this new phone hence why I've created a new thread:  https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/Chain-certificate-installation/td-p/101917

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Enfield303,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

It also includes this:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Office365 and Skype for Business Online?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Simply upgrade the unit to the supported software, factory reset it and add your credentials via the Phone UI.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, I did check the 2011 FAQ and saw the following which made me think my current version (4.0.8) is supported:

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, VVX 500, VVX1500, SoundStation Duo, SoundStation IP 5000 using UCS 4.0.4 or if compatible later

However if you're saying upgrading to a later version will fix it then I'll do that and report back.

HP Recommended

Hello @Enfield303,

not sure why this was still there as this required intensive configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, as recommended I did upgrade the firmware, below is now the current version:

Phone Model SoundStation IP 5000
Part Number 3111-30900-001 Rev:H
MAC Address 64:16:7F:12:CC:1F
IP Address 10.166.89.63
UC Software Version 4.1.1.0731
BootROM Software Version 5.1.1.0132

However, although after a factory reset I can get the phone to work with Lync for a short while (5 - 10 minutes) eventually the phone seems to loose its credentials and no matter how amny time I re-enter the credentials I can't get it to work with Lync unless I do another factor reset and set everything up again. Below is the relevan portion of the log when I try to do a sign-in:

0712122457|so   |4|03|[soRegistrationC] Login Credentials valid causing SoRegEventLine Changed
0712122458|app1 |*|03|SoRegistrationEventLineChanged - success lineIndex 0 RegListSize 0
0712122458|app1 |*|03|SoRegistrationEventLast - new AppRegLineC, szUser = me@mydomain.com
0712122458|app1 |4|03|[AppHybridC::procCfgParamChange] unexpected line index=(-1)
0712122458|sip  |*|03|Sip UnRegister Usr:SSIP Dsp:SoundStation IP Auth:'' Inx:0
0712122458|sip  |*|03|SipUserRemove: user 0 being removed.
0712122458|sip  |*|03|Sip Register Usr:me@mydomain.com Dsp:me Auth:'Using Login Cred' Inx:0
0712122503|sip  |*|03|User removed
0712122504|sip  |5|03|m_nTLSDSKState = TLSDSK_INIT : pNtlmDomain or m_csAuthDomain is NULL
0712122504|sip  |5|03|Unsupported authentication
0712122504|sip  |4|03|CTcpSocket::Abandon connected socket. Send Message 0x94e32760
0712122504|cfg  |4|03|RT|SIP is settting Login Credentials to invalid
0712122504|so   |4|03|[soRegistrationC] Login Credentials invalid causing SoRegEventLine Deleted
0712122504|sip  |4|03|Registration failed User: me, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available
0712122504|sip  |4|03|CTcpSocket::TlsListenThread: SSL_get_error Error code=5
0712122504|sip  |4|03|TLS Listen Thread Exit
0712122505|app1 |*|03|SoRegistrationEventLineDeleted - new AppRegLineC, Default user
0712122506|app1 |4|03|[AppHybridC::procCfgParamChange] unexpected line index=(-1)
0712122506|sip  |*|03|Sip UnRegister Usr:me@mydomain.com Dsp:me Auth:'' Inx:0
0712122506|sip  |*|03|SipUserRemove: user 0 being removed.
0712122506|sip  |*|03|Sip Register Usr:SSIP Dsp:SoundStation IP Auth:'Using Login Cred' Inx:0
0712122510|sip  |*|03|User removed

Any help greatly appreciated

HP Recommended

Hello @Enfield303,

Not knowing your exact steps or how you provision / configure the next step would be a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We did try to get our Polycom reseller to log a call on our behalf but all they would do is send us a new phone once I sent the old one back.

I'm now trying to configure this new phone hence why I've created a new thread:  https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/Chain-certificate-installation/td-p/101917

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.