Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone faced similar issues like us with Trio 8500/8800 running with MS Teams profile.

We have almost 100+ Trio devices in our company provisioned in Teams with Intune.

Previously Polycom released firmware which allows 8500/8800 to pass Root Device check and we were able to normally register such devices in Intune and Teams.

Current FW version we use is  5.9.5.2982.

But it seems like these devices are not properly making Intune Device Check in (basically they do it for some period of time and randomly stop). It is critical because we have Intune Devices cleanup and if they were not checking for 45 days >> it will be automatically removed. And I had quite enough dropped devices...

And for Trios it making a real pain because in that case you have to re-provision device from scratch.

Sync push from Intune portal doesn't work.

You have to do it manually from the Polycom Trio device meni via Company Portal "Sync Policies" button. It helps but only temporary.

Well I've tried to raise ticket with MS but they're not sure how to get the Intune logs from the device. So was able to provide them only general syslog info.

And it's definitely not a network issue because some devices were connected to bare internet and still have the same issues.

We've also noticed with them that Trio 8500/8800 devices have strange problem with Time Sync.

If you check the attached screen you will see that device have 2 different Time value.

MS told that Time sync problems may potentially affect Intune Device check in.

So it  first of all this 2 Different Time Value indicators (I guess one of them is Polycom Device time and second is Teams Client).

And it also incorrectly syncs time zone i.e. device on the screen set to GMT+3 without winter time but it still shows GMT+4 Time.

Such issues faced on most our devices.

I wonder if anyone faced these issues and found solutions/workarounds for that

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Ruslan Bakharev ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From our FAQ:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

We already have ticket with MS for that and I've provided them this info via Report an Issue.

So that's all I could do in this case and I have to wait.

Do I understand correctly that from Polycom perspective these 2 issues should be investigated with Microsoft and not with Polycom?

I'm interested if anyone noticed similar issues and how they deal with them 🙂 

Thank you

HP Recommended

Dear Polycom team, Steffen,

I've talked with MS and they are thinking that issue might be related to current incorrect time sync on the Polycom Trio devices.

As you can see on the screen 1 I've setup time zone GMT+3 for Moscow and GMT offset to St.Petersburg.

SNTP is is set to time.windows.com (default for MS Teams phones).

But if you look on the screen 2 you will see that time is incorrect because in fact it was not 7:40 PM but 6:40 PM.

So Polycom phone is not properly set the timezone.

+ not clear for me why I see 2 different times on the screen.

Is there any reason why it's happening? MS advised that it should be reversed to Polycom for advice.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @Ruslan Bakharev ,

I suggest you check:

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set NTP time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The logs should show the time. If this fails I suggest you check the network if the phone can reach the server and/or change to a local NTP server.

If this fails please work with your reseller to get this into Poly support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.