Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Polycom Trio 8800/Viusal + Skype for Business problem

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Polycom Trio 8800/Viusal + Skype for Business problem

Hello,

I have some problems with SfB from two weeks ago. I hope that you can help us. 
This is what we have:

- Phone Version: 5.9.5.2830

- Phone Model: RealPresence Trio 8800 / Visual+

- Call platform: Skype for Business Online ( Microsoft 365 Business Basic)

- MAC address is 64:16:7F:4F:C0:36

Everything was working fine, and in one moment we can't call or reach anybody anymore. We constantly get the information that other side is unavailable.
I tried to switch to Microsoft Teams Base Profile, I can dial the contacts, but I lost connection with Visual+ and can connect it back, because Polycom Trio 8800 doesn't see any network devices to be paired. Can you help us please? Thank you.

P.S. When I tried to attach the backup file from Polycom, I got this error message (screen shot in attachment)

Regards,

Mirko

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Polycom Trio 8800/Viusal + Skype for Business problem

Hello @Mirko ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From our Skype for Business FAQ:

July 19. 2019 Question: Can a Poly Trio 8800 or 8500 support Microsoft Teams or Zoom at the same time as Skype for Business or openSIP?

Resolution: If the Poly Trio is running the native Teams app you cannot use any other Line.
Teams on the Trio 8500/8800 is mutually exclusive and does not allow pairing with a Visual+/VisualPro for Video. The device will be Audio only.

The above explains why you are unable to pair a Visual+/VisualPro once the phone runs in Teams only.

The FAQ also explains this:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

In regards to the backup simply rename into TXT

If no setting has changed on the Trio did you consult Microsoft about this?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello again,

As for Teams - all clear, thank you. I switched back to SfB as Base Profile, because we need Video support also.

Backup - I tried as TXT, but I got the error message that TXT extension is not supported(picture is in attachment).

I contacted Microsoft, they reset our Office365 accounts, and nothing has changed. I'm still trying to reach them, but no answer regarding our problem. 
Maybe you can help us with this question. When we call somebody from Polycom to Teams or SfB, for example, my own account, it rings and it's all fine, but when I call from that same account to Polycom SfB account, automatically redirects me to Voicemail and I got the automatic replay that current user is not available. Thanks.

Regards,

Mirko

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hello @Mirko ,

I have checked and fixed the community settings so you should be able to upload either a PBU or TXT file.

If you expect any help from the volunteers we would also need a log as already outlined in the original reply. Please check and follow the FAQ post to ensure you set the relevant levels and size or the logs will not show anything.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your replay.

The log file is in the attachment. For the backup file (TXT or PBU), I receive the same error message (printscreen in attachment).

Regards,

Mirko

Highlighted

Hello @Mirko ,

I would need to follow this up with our community provider why this fails.

In the log, you provided you did not as advise change the logging levels as advised in the FAQ post.

I do see a lot of od DNS errors.

So I suggest you check the FAQ and ensure you change the logging levels as advised by the different scenarios advised and if this still fails and no other community member can help you work with SCANSOURCE INC who sold this device back in 9/28/2018.

As the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6