Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me out, going round in circles. I set up provisioning server(https), been playing with this for a few weeks. Couple days ago it looked like it was going ok, about half the Trios were grabbing latest firmware and updating. Then they stopped.

At this present time, all I want provisioning server to do is to update trios to the latest firmware. We don't provision that many new rooms so I'm not even bothered about the common config file for trios being accurate. I added all current configs to the root of provisioning server in 'macaddress.cfg' format. Followed Jeff Schertz's guide as well as SteffenBaier's.

I added log file from Trio that won't update firmware. Strangely enough, I have test trio on my desk, which I reset to default factory settings, rebooted, added certificate and provisioning server details, rebooted and it picked up its settings from provisioning server ok. Another trio on the same site won't, although I didn't try resetting it to factory settings. That said, most of the rest of them are spread our across our global offices which do not necessarily have IT presence so resetting to factory is out.

Device: Trio 8800, firmware 5.5.2.11338. DHCP server option 160 set, ntp and time offset set

I can browse to the https directory, so that bit works. As I said, about half the trios are ok.

Puzzled.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @zepattuser,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone

• Provide the Phone Model

• Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP, Skype for Business, Lync)

• If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable

• If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device

• Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing additional answers to the above may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used in the field and allows us to look up potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support.

The MAC / Serial as an example let's us identify what type of SKU the unit is as for example a Skype for Business SKU uses DHCP Option 161 instead of Option 160 as the SKU.

In addition no logs where attached so we cannot look into this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry I thought I provided enough info, but to recap:

Software Version:  5.5.2.11338

Phone Model: RealPresence Trio 8800

Call Platform: Skype for Business video conferencing only, not using telephony

Log file attached (post didn't save first time around and I did not notice it didn't attach the file second time round)

MAC Address: 0004F2FD916F

Day 1 issue, provisioning server newly setup but hasn't worked on this device. 

Note I renamed our domain for security reasons.

Interesting thought about dhcp option 161, can't say I came across this one in my research. Plenty of references to option 66, but this is not ftp server.

HP Recommended

Hello @zepattuser,

I have moved this into the Skype for Business section.

The FAQ and the previous linked article mention this.

Jun 05, 2015 Question:Why does the LYNC Base Profile orderable SKU no longer look for DHCP Option 160?

ResolutionIn order to ensure backwards compatibility a new Option 161 was added for the LYNC Base profile

Your 0004F2FD916F is a 7200-23450-019 TRIO 8800 COLLAB KIT,SKYPE so it looks for Option 161

As you mention this is a Day one issue but the unit was sold back in 15/03/2016.

There are also some Microsoft uncommon DHCP options:

000027.337|cfg  |4|00|Prov|[CfgLyncSipSrvDiscover::cbFoundOption] Invalid STS-URI: '://:'

As you did not attach a backup I can't really see what type of server is setup.

Please bear in mind that Microsoft can also inbound provision so have a look here:

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

and 

Aug 01, 2017 Question:Why am I unable to activate BToE using a VVX phone and Skype for Business Online?

Resolution: Some parameters are provisioned via Skype for Business online as explained in this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, I will setup option 161 but can't test till I'm in the office on Monday.

Yes unit might be back from 2016 but as I said, this is the first time someone -me-was tasked to setup provisioning. I will also revisit links you sent.

This forum has been very useful in helping me setup the provisioning server, hope this works 🙂

You said backup file was optional so didn't attach it initially, but here it is.

HP Recommended

Ok

I set option 161 but it did not seem to make any difference.

However, i did spot a difference in config files. If I use option 'Export all config', all working trios have line

device.set="1"

the ones that don't work are missing this line. If i understand it correctly unless this line is set changes in config are ignored?

I tried to edit the reimported config and add the line but it doesn't seem to work, when I export it again the line is still missing.  And if I make download backup file rather than export all settings, the line is there.

Thoughts?

Exported config attached.

HP Recommended

Hello @zepattuser,

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Jul 25, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup certain Device parameters on my phone via a configuration file?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Other members of the community can comment if they like but for myself this is going into support area's which I cannot provide for free.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for help. I decided to abandon the https provisioning server and set it up via ftp, as this is Polycom recommended way. It's internal system anyway so not as concerned about security.

I am also revisiting current Trio config and building new base config from scratch.

It's little bit annoying as half the trios provision ok but we can't have unreliable solution, especially as about half the trios are in locations without internal IT support. I will update the thread once the ftp server is setup.

HP Recommended

Hello @zepattuser,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.
HTTP provisioning should be the same but looking at the logs is easier using something like FileZilla.

Lowering the Configuration and CURL logging on the device to event 3 may show more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.