Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Phone Information
Phone ModelVVX 401
Part Number3111-48400-001 Rev:A
MAC Address64:16:7F:5E:31:03
IP ModeIPv4
UC Software Version  6.0.0.4796
Updater Version6.0.0.4604
Skype for Business On Premise

Hi

We have an issue signing into Exchange Services on Polycom devices.

Recently a number of our accounts have been migrated from Exchange On-Prem to Exchange Online. We use MFA with Office365.

Since the migration we can sign into the Polycom VVX devices as expected, however when signing into Exchange Services we can an authentication failure and EWS doesnt deploy. I have manually tried adding the exchange server as https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx/WSSecurity but this has not resolved the issue.

I suspect the issue is most likely related to MFA and the Polycom VVX devices.
How can we sign into Exchange Services using an account that is enabled for MFA?

Attached are logs from the device.

Thanks,
Robert

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Trueman1991 

I did check your provided serial and your phone is a 2200-48400-025 provided via our partner Siphon Networks Ltd back in 08/08/2019.

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a LYNC / Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards to License Part Numbers can be found here

As stated above you cannot use this phone without having the correct Poly License in place as well. This is an individual per phone license as outlined in the above link.

I suggest you verify or clarify this issue first before using our Phones with Skype for Business.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the replaying.
We are currently awaiting a response from the supplier of these devices.

We have confirmed with our account manager at Poly that we do have a number of Polycom Devices with Skype for Business SKUs, and we are experiencing this issue across a number of devices.

I have another VVX201, info is below:

Phone Information
Phone ModelVVX 201
Part Number3111-40450-001 Rev:A
MAC Address64:16:7F:88:67:FB

UC Software Version6.2.0.4023
Updater Version6.2.0.3999

Kind Regards,
Robert

HP Recommended

Hello @Trueman1991 

utilizing the Web Sign-In method aka getting a code of the phone and then authenticating via a browser should work.

If this does not work for you please work with your supplier to get this into support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the response.

Skype for Business is on premise and Exchange using Exchange Online, therefore the web sign-in will not work.

Will MFA work in the above scenario where Skype for Business is On premise and Exchange in on Office365?

Kind Regards,
Robert

HP Recommended

I believe you need to enable Hybrid Modern Authentication on your Skype for Business on-premises deployment.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/configure-skype-for-business-for-hybrid-modern...

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I've had a read through and not sure that will achieve the desired result unfortunately.
The Skype for Business client is connecting to Exchange Online as normal. Its just the Polycom VVX devices that aren't and continue to prompt  for a password.
I have also tested using a Polycom Trio and this connected to Exchange and my calendar appointments were shown as I would expect.

Kind Regards,

Robert

HP Recommended

I've looked into this a bit more to confirm whether what I said was correct. Quoting from Page 26 of the Polycom UC Software with Skype for Business - Deployment Guide 6.2.0 :

If you’re using MFA, you must use Web Sign In as the user sign-in method with phones.

Web Sign In for Skype for Business server is supported only when the Hybrid Modern Authentication (HMA) environment is enabled. To use the capability of HMA with Skype for Business On-Premise, Active Directory should be federated with Azure Active Directory (AAD).

I believe the Trio has a way of signing in to SfB and Exchange using separate credentials, which may explain why it is working on that device without HMA.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I will go through the process of setting up HMA on the Skype for Business environment

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.