I was testing voicemail on two Polycom VVX phones (VVX 601 and VVX 311). When a new voicemail is left I am getting notification on skype client and email with the voicemail but it takes around 10 minutes for a voicemail to appear on a phone. Is there a way to speed up that process?
welcome to the Polycom Community.
It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.
This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.
The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .
In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.
Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
I am sorry I forgot to inlude the software version. I am using the latest release - 5.5.2. I tested also 5.5.1 on VVX 601 and the result was the same.
I am also using BToE version 18.104.22.168
Whose hosting your Skype? I've seen the same behavior with a 3rd party hosting Skype solutions with our VVX601 phones. Sometimes there is a several minute delay for the MWI to sync/work.
We are setup in a hybrid environment with UM hosted by O365 using Exchange. Not sure if that is part of it...but statuses of users presence always update immediately. So could be a O365 delay issue for us.
But I've seen the behavior as well. Not 10 minutes, but many minutes, 2-3 easily at times.
I have a full cloud setup without any 3rd party involvement and without any on-prem servers. I have also expressroutes to connect to azure.
Link below explains the behaviour.
I got it resolved in the end. I had a ticket open with the support.
This is a known issue if the customer is using SfB Online. The solution is to assign a new UM Dial plan that has SIP URI type (O365 users will have Tel URI by default).