Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi. 

Really hoping someone can help! We have 20 Polycom VVX410's

We are using Office 365 Microsoft Teams

The phones are running Updater 5.8.0.19248

My users have Microsoft MFA enabled. 

We are using the "Web Sign" on the Polycom phones. They are all fully factory Reset.

We are able to login to the phone once and it works for a short period. Then the phone does a reboot and it is no longer able to sign into Microsoft Teams.

The phones have the correct time and date applied to them.

There are no DNS issues. 

The Office 365 DNS records are all in place.

The log file is attached.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Is this a TLS Issue and if so how can i resolve it? 

0823134315|auth |2|00|Response(-1)auth,(105)AuthServiceUTMsgKey,(-1)lyncStatus,(14),(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,1078094162,1629722595,1)IndicationCode:(0)
0823134315|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(201)AuthServicePolicyServiceKey:(105)AuthServiceUTMsgKey:(206)AuthSvcAOServiceReplyKey
Caller Service(143)AuthServiceCallerSnooper:IndicationCode(100)SM Started
,TransactionID(1078094162)
0823134315|auth |2|00|Response(-1)auth,(105)AuthServiceUTMsgKey,(-1)lyncStatus,(14),(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,1078094162,1629722595,1)IndicationCode:(100)SM Started
0823134316|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::Abandon - TLS Listen Thread has exited. Process further to abandon this socket
0823134316|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::Abandon connected socket. Send Message 0x40ec5908
0823134316|sip |5|00|SSL_get_error nLen 0 errno 0 nError 5 = (0)error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
0823134316|sip |4|00|TLS Listen Thread Exit
0823134316|log |5|00|Skipped uploading of failed log file because no of failures are > 4 or last upload failed time is < 60 seconds.
HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon 

Welcome to the Poly community.

Checking the MAC of the phone in question shows it is not a Microsoft SKU. Therefore please check the below:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a LYNC / Skype for Business environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a LYNC / Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

For each of the same batch of phones, the above is required to be paid before using this with any Microsoft Skype for Business or 3PIP Microsoft Teams gateway. Do you have proof of these additional licenses?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks soo much for the reply. This was not something I was aware of.   We are a reseller for a UK Telecoms provider (we are actually an IT Support company).

We have many times before done this same process, where we factory reset these polycoms that where in use with a 3rd party Voip Platform, so we can then use them with Microsoft Teams. Never before have i had to purchase a license to make this work? 

So i am not clear on what license i need to purchase and where i can purchase one from?  

HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon 

it’s all explained in the text. You need to purchase a license per openSIP sku phone being used to legally use these phones with Skype for Business aka the 3PIP Microsoft Teams gateway 

check the Skype for Business FAQ for follow up questions 

replied via a mobile device 

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok i see

So if we have 10 phones, can i simply purchase this SKU from any provider: 5150-49254-001

How do we then apply the licenses to our phones? 

Will this fix the current issue i am having? 

Thanks again for all the help so far.

HP Recommended

Sorry to come back on this but I have some further confusion.

If I factory reset the same phone, and sign in with my own Office 365 Microsoft Teams account (different tenant to the one I am having problems with), I do not have the same issues?  It all works fine.

So I am confused as to how this is a License issue on the phone its self?  

Again really sorry if I am simply missing something obvious here and really appreciate the time you have spent so far. 

HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon 

the license is a legal requirement robuste the phone with Microsoft. Poly reserves the right to audit your installation. Just like you need a license to use Microsoft Office as an example. 

Once you sorted your license issue I am sure is volunteers can have a look at your actual issue

replied via a mobile device 

HP Recommended

I see

Happy to purchase the license right away, but not clear how i then apply it? 

HP Recommended

Hello @ITGeekLondon ,

In order to use the openSIP SKU with Microsoft, you must purchase the license. There is no way to install this on a phone but the purchase order may be audited by Poly and matched against the phones MAC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.