Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm deeply testing the Trio functionalities and trying to use it at his best and I'm struggling with some video quality issues.

While setting up a conference between 2 Trio in 2 different country (one in UK and one in Switzerland) works really well, when I add to the conference a pc with S4B to share some content, the video quality becomes really poor. I don't think is a bandwith issue, since there is a 30/30 UP/DW on both sides and I've tried it also locally in the same LAN (1Gbps) and do the same thing.

What can be the cause of this issue? The sharing content functionality of S4B is one of the best feature of this service, but this is causing a lot of trouble.

Someone has encountered the same problem?

Thank you

Luca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

This should happen on the Switch end not on the Trio or the Visual+ and is only applicable when they are connected to the Cisco switch directly.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller directly to get this escalated to our team.

If you struggle to identify them please post me your MAC address so I can look them up for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

• what software Version is your Trio running?
  • what Switch Infrastructure are you running aka Make and Model?
  • If 1GB switches can you change the port for the Trio and the Visual+ to 100FD instead on the Switch End and test again?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello STeffen,

my Trio is running  5.4.2.5262 FW, main switches are CIsco C2960, but not both the Trio or the pc are under the same switch, since in one of the office it was not PoE, so there is also a Netgear PoE 8 port in the middle.

I've setted the Trio port to 100FD, where I have to set the Visual+ port instead? I din't find this setting

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

This should happen on the Switch end not on the Trio or the Visual+ and is only applicable when they are connected to the Cisco switch directly.

I would suggest you work with your Polycom reseller directly to get this escalated to our team.

If you struggle to identify them please post me your MAC address so I can look them up for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I've seen / experienced the issue I think the OP is describing.

There is a limitaion included in the release notes:

• Low video resolution in Skype for Business/Lync AVMCU calls.

More deatils / description would be nice.

James

HP Recommended

Hello James and all,

we currently do not support simulcast so if any client joins the meeting in a lower quality we will switch back to that.

Without any details about the individual issue being raised with Polycom support via a Polycom reseller we are unable to identify the root cause and fix it if it is cause by us or at least note as a known limitation and address possibly in a future release.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

my problem is that raising a ticket with Polycom throughout the reseller is quite impossibile, since I've bouhght the Trio from an online shop, and yes, the distributor has to help me in theory (Ingram in my case) but I've already tried and they didn't give me any answer. The support process from polycom is quite disappointing from my point of view and this Forum is the best instrument we have to resolve and troubleshooting our problems with Polycom devices.

Going back to what you said about simulcast support, what do you mean "if a a client joins the meeting in a lower quality"? lower quality about Network speed, webcam resolution or anything else? There is some settings that can be done on Skype clint to match the Trio standard?

Thank you

Regards,

Luca

HP Recommended

Hello Luca,

If you provide me with the MAC of your Trio I can lookup who you need to contact.

In regards of the video quality we currently match the lowest participant in the meeting and therefore show lower quality on on the Visual+

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

you already did that check for me (thank you) few weeks ago and said my Tiro was sold via Ingram Micro Distribution GmbH. Already tried to contact them and no answer unfortunately.

About the lowest quality matched, how can I improve the quality of the client so that it matches the Visual+? In Skype for Business client there is no settings about the quality of the call, I think it does an auto-setting with the possibilities of the HW.

I've connected aother Logitech webcam c930e to this client and attached another Trio as a slave, same local network, so should not be a different quality from Trio to the client.

HP Recommended

I think this is specifically an issue when the multiparty call is hosted on a Lync / SfB AVMCU.

I've a Trio at the same site as a RPG500. Point to point / peer to peer the video quality is fine both directions.

A multi-party call (3 or more) another RPG500, a Lync / SfB client, even a Lync / SfB client that's only sharing content, results in a drop in video quality from the Trio. Video quality from the RPG500 remains good. Video quality from Lync / SfB clients is good too. Only video quality from the Trio is problematic.

I belive this is addressed briefly in the release notes.

James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.