Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a Trio 8800 that is skype enabled (skype is already setup and working) with the Web interface enabled so I can continue configuring it.

I want to add a SIP connection for line 2 so I can use one or the other (possibly both).  The only issue is that I have no option to add a line 2 in the menus.

I have already looked this up in the forum, found a solution to upload a config file enabling multiple lines with skype but this didn't work.  How can I enable line 2 so I can set it up for a SIP connection?

This is what I found previoulsy below:

https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/Registering-Trio-8800-w-Visual-on-CUCM-and-Skype...

Attached is what I have in the menus:

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

just to repeat your steps... you downloaded TrioMultipleLines.zip, unzipped it and imported the TrioMultipleLines.cfg file under Utilities > import config?

HP Recommended

Correct.  I am resetting the phone back to factory and will start fresh with the process, just to be sure.

HP Recommended

You also installed newest fimware? Unfortunately you gave no info about that.

HP Recommended

Hello @genesisprod

MSchulze is correct. You did not provide the minimal information required for anyone to attempt and help you.

I just added a comment to the linked post and we recently discussed this => here <=. It can be as simple as refreshing your browser.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Trio 8800

Firmware: 5.5.3517

I have followed the steps below and have Skype succesfully setup on the phone:

• Factory default the Trio
  • After booting up change into LYNC
  • After rebooting enable the Web Interface
  • After rebooting import the attached TrioMultipleLines.zip, unzip this and import via the Web interface
  • Sign into Skype for Business via the Web Interface

When I go to the web interface and select settings->lines, I have Line 1 setup which shows the skype account "address".  I have no options to add line 2 or configure line 2.  There are no menu options or buttons to add/create line 2.  This is where I'm stuck.  This is after importing the config file successfully and rebooting.

HP Recommended

Hello @genesisprod,

Have you tried to refresh your browser or tried another browser ?

The next step is to open a ticket via your reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It's not a browser issue.  Already tested.

MAC: 64:16:7F:38:B7:C6

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @genesisprod,

WESTCON COLLABORATION sold this unit back in 23/01/2018 so they are your Tier 1 support and can open a ticket for you with Polycom.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

My collegue and I have been searching for a way to add 2 additional lines to a Trio 8800, however we can't find anything for a 3rd line. I created this account to ask the question in a new topic, but can't seem to create a new topic.

Do you guys have a way for us to add 2 additional lines to these units? Our set-up will be Skype for Business, SIP Line, Zoom. Is there a config file for this already?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.