Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi team,

I am facing an issue by trying to recording (using the S4B recording feature) the video conference from Trio when logged in a O365 credentials. The other participants audio and video (using Notebooks) can be recorded but the Trio user cannot.

I didnot find any informations about record the Trio video. I just coul find information to record the Trio audio.

Could you help me to know if the Trio video can be recorded using the Skype for Business recording feature?

PS.: I had checked if the recording feature is activated in Office 365 admin center as mention this article. (https:// support.office.com/en-US/Article/Let-people-record-their-audio-and-video-conferences-122cb4...)

Best Regards.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Clio Mello,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

These are two different features.

The Trio, like all VVX phones or SPIP phones with a USB connector, can locally record Audio.

Any LYNC, Skype for Business or O365 features need to be checked with our Partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

Thank you for quick feedback.

I will check to our Partner Microsoft as you suggested. But have you ever seen this video recording feature from Trio 8800 trhough Skype for Business Admin Center?

Actually I would like to know if there is a possibility of this video recording...

Thanks again and Best Regards.

HP Recommended

Hello Clio,

we, Polycom, cannot inform you on our partner Microsoft's platform features.

Please work with Microsoft support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

I appreciate your reply. 

I have chat to Microsoft forum and I got this answer below. It is possible that Trio cannot support the video recording feature?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb-mso_other/recording-video-from-polyc...

Thanks and Best Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Clio Mello,

we just had a similar case yesterday come into Tier 2 utilizing Skype for Business on Premise where a Trio would stop sending Video if the recording feature is being utilized on the Skype end.

I suggest you open a ticket quoting 1-5337805771 as a reference with a similar issue.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Polycom Engineering tell me that Trio 8800 is an audio conference device tested and certified for Skype for Business. So video conference is not a feature 100% checked by Microsoft and Polycom. This is the reason some features don't work.

I am trying to this same test but using Group500. If this works i tell you.

Thank you for time and requests.

HP Recommended

Hi

We also have the exact same issue Skype for Business on Premise where a Trio would stop sending Video if the recording feature is being utilized on the Skype end.

my SR is 1-7563747771

HP Recommended

Was there any resolution to 1-7563747771????????????

HP Recommended

Hello @frsrs1829,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

For 1-7563747771:

H.264 recording is not supported on Windows 7 with SfB client and there is no plan to support it.

Solution
==========
Upgrade the PC to Windows 10 and above.

For 1-5337805771:

Unsupported by Microsoft in Windows 7.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.