Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a very bizarre issue with one user in our company. Our company uses VVX 300 phones with the latest firmware. The issue is that every time there's a conference call, the user's phone freezes completely and then reboots. We were thinking that reminders for events on the phone could be causing this but we're unsure.

We know it's not the Internet connection nor the Firewall that is causing this. We have already swapped out phones and cables but the problem remains.

We are using Skype for Business in accordance with these phones.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello CharGP02A

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Anybody else have any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello CharGP02A

Not answering Support personals questions and missing vital information when initially posting will not provide many answers.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I apologize abut this. My post was moved to a different forum and I thought the second post in the thread was still the moving notification. I re-read it and saw what you meant. Hopefully the below information will help:

Phone Information Phone Model VVX 300 Part Number 3111-46135-002 Rev:A MAC Address (Available if requested in the thread) IP Mode IPv4 IP Address (Available if requested in the thread) UC Software Version 5.5.2.8571 Updater Version 5.7.2.21547

HP Recommended

Hello CharGP02A

The latest software yesterday is no longer the latest as we just released UC Software 5.6.0

Please try this and then if it still fails post your MAC address so I can lookup your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Our problem is that the issue happens intermittenly so we won't be able to tell if the new update will fix it. However, I did perform the update anyway.

The MAC address is 00:04:F2:CA:B6:62

HP Recommended

Hello CharGP02A,

we sold the unit to WESTCON GROUP EUROPEAN OPERATIONS LTD back in 05/01/2016 so from our point of view it is out of warranty.

You can work with Westcon to open a PPI / Pay per incident ticket with Polycom to troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.