Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SIlent install BToE 3.4.0 issues with signed certificates/Prompt to add device

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SIlent install BToE 3.4.0 issues with signed certificates/Prompt to add device

Hello,

We are attempting to deploy 3.4.0 silently and are running into the security promp for installing the device software. We have attempted extracting and installing several digital certificates from the MSI and some of the exe's which get installed.

I'm new to the community, is this to be expected; and if so how have you been resolving it. We even saw that some of the digital certs on .exe's were out of date.

Jake

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SIlent install BToE 3.4.0 issues with signed certificates/Prompt to add device

Hello Jake,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You had already asked the very same question => here <= so you could have avoided the double post.

Please utilize the attached cert via:

certutil -addstore -f "TrustedPublisher" Polycom_Inc.cer

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SIlent install BToE 3.4.0 issues with signed certificates/Prompt to add device

Update - I heard that there is going to be a release (hopefully Wed) which will have updated signed information to facilitate a simple silent deployment. 

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Do you mind sharing where you found that information regarding the udpdate?  We are encountering the same issues.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted

Hello Jake,

it could be great if you could post some sort of Polycom reference so I can look this up internally.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just wanted to update that 3.4.1 pushed out smoothly via silent install. 

http://support.polycom.com/content/support/North_America/USA/en/eula/ucs/ucagreement_btoe341.html

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted

Hello all,

Polycom support is aware of this and it only affects new installations of Windows 10 running the 1607 build. We are tracking this under VOIP-123647 and there is no workaround.

We will update the community once a fix can be released.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have downloaded the new Polycom BToE Connector_3.4.1.0.msi and have imported the cert as in 1 of the other postings. I am still getting the Windows Security prompt to install the driver. I have used all the MSIExec quiet switches.

What syntax was used  to get a successful quiet install?

Are there additional certs that need to be imported? (where can i obtain them)

BTW, I did not see this behavior with the last 2 versions I re-packaged.

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I used: /qn /quiet /i

Message 9 of 9