Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Set software version by parameter (in a .cfg file) on provisioning server

Nate Smith
Occasional Visitor

Set software version by parameter (in a .cfg file) on provisioning server

Hi,

I just set up my provisioning server. But my problem is that Skype (Lync) gets stuck on "Fetching user certificate" on UC 6.3 and newer.

Is there any way to specify which software version we want on the provisioning server .cfg file ?

like "device.logincred.password.set="1"" but for the UC software version.

Or do I need to download and unzip the wanted UC Software's version on my provisioning server ?

Thanks

NS

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Set software version by parameter (in a .cfg file) on provisioning server

Hello @Nate Smith ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I have moved this to the specific Skype for Business section.

Our partner Microsoft actively blocks the user-agent of uncertified versions on Skype for Business online so therefore ensure you are running a supported version.

From the "normal" FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Mar 30, 2012 Question: Can I host my own upgrade Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2