Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

What can be done to improve this "Shared Support" model between poly and Microsoft.

We have had a number of issues and they all end the same way:  Poly points their Finger at Microsoft, and Microsoft points their finger at Poly...

I have three different issues right now all with the same results.  Nobody wants to take ownership...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

1st of all usually End Customers are unable to get support without an additional support contract.

Therefore often users claim they worked with Poly but in reality have been told by our Tier 1 team to either contact their reseller and/or with Microsoft Teams specific issues to work with our Partner Microsoft.

Therefore based on your original comment could you kindly share the Poly and Microsoft SR numbers?

To continue I actually replicated the issue you reported >here< internally and have escalated this to a developer to understand why this is happening. This is not an official ticket and we may still discover this is caused by our partner Microsoft so we may involve them in this.

I am unaware of the two other issues you encounter as you have not mentioned these.

Again any reply, as outlined in various places within this community is not an official Poly support reply. All people within this community are volunteers. Some of them do work in various roles within Poly.

If you believe you have found a genuine bug the only way to get this into our support organization is to work with your Poly reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

The above may sound discouraging but is the only way to get this into Poly support so we can track this and find the root cause.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I read your reply in the linked case as it wasn’t happening for you, if you were able to replicate it and are trying to determine the cause and how to stop it that would be progress and great.

As far as the support comments, I was not aware of this and if I had known Poly’s position was customers get no support unless they pay for a support contract I would not have purchased hundreds of your phones.  This should be better spelled out when you buy the product that it comes with no support.

Question however, if I purchase a support contract do you guys handle any interaction with Microsoft and it’s entirely hands off then from my side?  It would be incredibly frustrating to pay thousands of dollars in support just to be told to call Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Hello @CBTECH 

I only replicated this yesterday and as a volunteer, I simply had no time updating or replying to your other post. I am not yet aware of the outcome.

Again, the support question is very clear. Without any additional contract, an untrained end-user cannot contact Poly support. Any support needs to come via the reseller.

In most cases, regarding Microsoft, we would need to ask you to open a case with Microsoft as we cannot do this on your behalf. 

If your reseller has a ticket with us they can copy us into the communication with Microsoft so we can work with them.

End Users can purchase a service contract but in my role, I am not aware of the full extent of access this gives you. I tried to outline this here . There should be an option on pricing and checking what this includes.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I had a ticket open with Microsoft support regarding the many issues we are having with our CCX 500's. They tried to tell me that I needed to take it up with Poly. I pushed back and got my Microsoft Premier CSAM involved. I eventually got a commitment from the product team that Microsoft owns the end user experience no matter which vendor you purchase your phone from.

I recommend going back to your MS support rep and tell them to escalate your ticket with the product team. If you don't get anywhere, ask your account rep to assist (or your CSAM, if you are a Premier customer).

HP Recommended

This is super helpful thank you.  We are going back and forth with Microsoft and Poly on the following issues:

(1) If you switch font size on device to large, it reverts to standard.

(2) First 2-4 seconds of call quality is distorted 

(3) Initial audio volume on a call is very loud and then reverts to normal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.