Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am looking for the silent command line to install the Trio USB Passthrough software.  I have mainly got it silently however I would like to stop the client being started at the end of the installer.  There should be a command like /MERGETASKS=!STARTAPPS but I cannot find the correct command.  Can you advise.  I want the Silent command line so we can add it to our software catalogue for users to be able to install.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, we're looking at the same need for a silent install to push out to multiple sites.  What install parameters did you use to make it silent?  I'm not finding any documentation.  Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

I still have not deployed this out but this installer is using an Inno Setup package.  You can see more about the command line that is built in from here.  http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=setupcmdline.  The problem I was having was that the installer is starting the apps under the system account after the install completed and I could not find a way to prevent this.  Usually with Inno setup you add something like /mergetasks=!startapp where the ! tells innosetup to skip that task.  But I could not find what the tasks is called by guessing.  Very simply I was calling app.exe /VERYSILENT.  I have not had much more time to look at this recently as our offices are still closed its not been high up on my task list.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info!  We're going to push with KACE so if our expert pushing the install out can shed any light on what you're question, I'll post back.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm trying to implement a silent install via intune in my company but we don't have the install and uninstall command, how far along are we in this process to be able to implement it on my platform?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.