Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Current info :

Phone Information Phone Model VVX 600 Part Number 3111-44600-001 Rev:A MAC Address 00:04:F2:90:5C:46 IP Mode IPv4 IP Address X.X.X.X UC Software Version 5.7.2.1277 Updater Version 5.9.2.1208

Polycom BTOE 3.7.0.0

Using Skype for Business Client  2016 MSO (16.0.8229.2073)

Lync 2013 servers Microsoft patched and loaded with the latest Lync 2013 patches.

Office 365 Pro Plus 

The issue is when I sign into my PC I log into my Outlook 2016 first and then I log into my Skype client.  As I am doing that the BTOE is activated and it begins to sign me in.  I am then registered to the Polycom VVX 600 and I can see my name and Presence change from Green to Red to Yellow.  However, I am not able to see any of my Favorites.  I have at least 10 users in the client.  I have tried to add and remove from the Skype client but that did not work.  I tried to add in Outlook contacts and then in Skype but that too did not work.  After reading a similar issue here I tried to create a Pinned Contacts group but that did not work.  The last thing I did was Reset to Factory Defaults.  I followed the procedure by performing 1, 2, 3, and 5.  I performed this task 5 times.  Will someone please help me here.  I would like to demo the unit in front of leadership to show all the fancy stuff the phone is able to do.  

PS it used to work.

-Michael

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Falcon90,

welcome to the Polycom community.

First of all please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

The VVX600 you used as an example is a non Skype / LYNC Sku aka 2200-44600-025 and was purchased via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 2014.

Please ensure that for all the phones you use and are not of the SKU as explained to obtain the relevant license.

For your actual issue did you consult the FAQ:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

The above can be used to verify if we SUBSCRIBE to the Server and more important if the Server then sends us the BENOTIFY / NOTIFY.

I had so far 2 cases of the same where there was an issue with the unified contact store on the Microsoft end.

The resolution for both was to reset this:

#Disable UCS for a user
Grant-CsUserServicesPolicy -Identity "…" -PolicyName "DisableUCS" -verbose
Invoke-CsUcsRollback -Identity "…" -Verbose
Get-CsUser -Identity "…" | select UserServicePolicy
sleep 60
#set UCS Global Policy
Grant-CsUserServicesPolicy -Identity "…" -PolicyName $Null -verbose
Get-CsUser -Identity "…" | fl UserServicePolicy 

The above is at your own risk and Microsoft should be consulted for any questions on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.