Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

The company I work for ordered at least thirty Polycom phones a few months ago which are all working fine.... but they forgot to order one for our warehouse area.

After I pointed that out…. the CFO ordered an additional phone (model: VVX 401).

I have connected it to power and our network and it has a valid IP address. I CAN ping it on our network and our domain controller can see it just fine.... but it is not working correctly.... I cannot make outgoing calls or receive incoming calls.

And I can NOT connect to the phone using any web browser (I.E., Edge, Chrome, etc.)

I found the Polycom support pages for this VVX 401 model and I located:

1) The User guide (which explains how to USE the phone… its basic functions.)

2) The Admin guide (which has a LOT of advanced information which does us ABSOLUTELY NO good at all.)

3) The nice Quick guides (explaining all the controls and buttons on the phone)

But.... NO WHERE was a "Set Up" or "Initial Configuration" guide????

We do NOT have a "SIP" server to automatically pull the settings from on our premises.

I believe I need to “register” the phone…. but I am not even sure about that???

Anyway…. If someone can give me the URL for an actual Setup manual that would be great…. Or outline the steps that I need to follow to get this phone to work.

Thanks in advance (smile)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is an update on my above post......

With some additional searching I found out that it is necessary to add “https://“ in front of the IP address of the phone that you want to administer with a web browser.

So in other words.... once your Polycom phone has an IP address you would enter:

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   (xxx = IP address that DHCP has given your phone.)

Using your favorite web browser. And of course you have to be on the same LAN as your phone.

I was then able to get to the log in page giving a choice to log on as “Admin” or “User”.

Now the problem is (as numerous other people have run into)...... no matter what password I enter it says “Invalid Password”. I have tried “456” (which is supposed to be what it is AND “456” DOES work directly on the phone).... I have also tried a BLANK password and “123”..... but no go.

Please don’t reply with “Well 456 is the password that it is supposed to be.” I understand that...... I was VERY careful when I entered the password..... even completely resetting the phone between attempts....... 456 works just fine when at the phone but NOT when using a web browser.

Also.... I have never changed the password.

So.... please I hope someone has found a solution to this issue..... there are MANY people with this same issue.

Thanks in advance (smile)

HP Recommended

Hello @techman101101,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition other details allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.