Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently moved our enterprise to Teams direct routing.

We are trying to leverage our TRIO 8800 and VVX investments so we are using web sign-in, to sign into Teams via the 3PIP gateway.

Once we moved to web sign-in and Teams voice, we are seeing "invalid provisioning details" messages on our TRIOs.  We still provision from a local HTTP server and that seems to be working without issue.  Again, we only started seeing these error messages after moving to Teams and web sign in.

Are there log settings I can adjust to review the invalid provisioning details message and determine why its happening?  Or is there some known issue?

TRIO 8800 - 5.9.1 AA

Thanks

Sean

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

You should be running the latest 5.9.5 for the Trio 8800 when in Microsoft mode.

Please remember:

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded or change settings automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: For Skype for Busines please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

Inbound provisioning may change certain settings.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Is there a TRIO command that has the same function as:

feature.lync.overrideIpPhonePolicy?

Setting that parameter to 0 for VVXs solved a lot of problems for us. We do have device update disabled on TRIOs but I'll upgrade and add in the deviceparams = 0 parameter, thanks for that.

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

The linked FAQ should cover all phones including the Trio. Microsoft has 2 sets of changes is can make. 

We disable the 1st via:

<web lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0" />

And the 2nd one for BToE etc:

<web feature.lync.overrideIpPhonePolicy="1"/>

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK, thanks Steffen.  Uploading a config file with just the following, fails on a TRIO.

feature.lync.overrideIpPhonePolicy="1"

I'll update the TRIO to 5.9.5 first and then try to import this config parameter again and I'll follow up.

Sean

HP Recommended

Hi Sean

i just remembered this was for VVX only due to BToE which is not supported on a Trio

replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended
<web lync.provisionDeviceParams.enabled="0" />

Updating the TRIOs to 5.9.5.3182 and applying the above config did not resolve the invalid provisioning message.

What log levels do I need to adjust so I can understand why the invalid provisioning message is appearing?

Thanks

Sean

HP Recommended

I feel like this is another issue related to in-band provisioning from Microsoft since we are using web sign in and the 3PIP GW.  

Is there a way on the TRIO to 100% block MS from sending in the provisioning values found in IPPhonePolicy?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.