Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently migrated to Microsoft Teams.  When using the Polycom VVX 411 phone, Teams does not show that the user is on the phone.  Additionally, Teams does not record the duration of the call when answering via the Polycom phone or calling out using the Polycom phone.  Is there a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @JMurphy ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I pretty much explained the relationship between our 3PIP certified VVX phones and Teams in my last replies to your posts. You also have not provided an update to these yet.

So far we do not know the software you are using and what type of users these are aka Island or Teams only.

Presence "should" work as confirmed in this official Microsoft post >here<. We would assume the same for the time. Microsoft would need to be consulted on both.

From memory your units where out of warranty so please try and check here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question: How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, Office365 or Teams issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Other community members can comment on anything posted but for an official answer, a support ticket would be required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I reviewed the link\documentation you linked again here, but already went through that and it didn't help.  

Version of what?  In my last post I had assumed you were referring to the Polycom VVX 411 software version.  I had responded with "The current version is 6.3.1.8427."  If you are asking about the version of something else, please let me know.  

We are in Teams Only mode.  

I had two posts - one was regarding transfer issues and there was a conversation had - then marked resolved as once we finished the migration and were put in Teams Only mode, the transfer option on the phone worked.  The second post - re overhead paging issues - there was absolutely no replies, but we have found the issue and are working to correct it.  

HP Recommended

Hello @JMurphy ,

Usually, we would expect every post to have basic information like the currently used software version in it as we would not expect our volunteers to spend time to check other older posts to get this detail.

For the presence issue, I shared the FAQ on how to get the logs and how to look at them. If no other volunteer replies to any shared logs the next step is a support ticket via our support organisation.

I would assume ur Partner Microsoft could answer this as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If there are no other replies, I will open a ticket.

HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, support for 3PIP phones with Teams is essentially on life support. You only need to read through the comments at Skype for Business Certified IP Phones with Microsoft Teams - Page 5 - Microsoft Tech Community to see what kind of issues we are seeing. I've raised multiple tickets with Microsoft Support about these problems. Even with meticulous root cause analysis from a Poly support engineer that clearly pointed the finger at Microsoft's 3PIP gateway as the cause of one of the issues (transferred calls dropping after 30 seconds), I made absolutely no progress.

If you value your time and your sanity, you will not bother raising a support ticket. Your best hope is to adopt Teams-native phones like the CCX 500 (which have their own issues, but are at least under active development), or to wait for the promised Teams SIP gateway (most recently mentioned here) and re-configure these devices to operate in SIP mode for basic calling functionality (which will not include presence).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.