Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[Trio 8800] Hosts file ?

FabienP
Occasional Contributor

[Trio 8800] Hosts file ?

Hi,

We're facing an issue where Lync contact search randomly fails on every Trio 8800.

As we want to find the root cause, is it possible to edit some "hosts" file on this device ?

The goal is to redirect every webservice request to one of the FE servers of the pool to check if the issue persists.

if no, issue is on the F5 load balancer configuration.

If yes, it's on the Lync pool or the Trio itself.

Thanks,

Regards,

Fabien P.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: [Trio 8800] Hosts file ?

Hello FabienP,

To my knowledge there is no such file on our Phones.

I suggest you work directly with the team you already working so we can troubleshoot this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2