Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

Just exploring the functionality around release 5.5.2.11338 on a Trio 8800 and read throu the post here.

Is there an Admin Guide available? 

I have enabled the security banner but can't find where it should appear.  The field help says "Customize the security banner displayed on the login page of the Web Configuration Utility" but when I access the Trio using a browser, nothing appears.

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Steffen

Not sure what happend to the backup file, but the two attributes are set as expected.

I have found the issue - it is the use of IE11.  In IE11 there is a momentry flash of a white box that disapears.  Use Edge and the banner apperars as expected.

We have a large deployment of Windows 7 devices so IE won't be disapearing anytime soon, but now we know the issue we will asses its usefulness.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hello Patrick

An Admin Guide can be found on the support page. Please post a backup from the device in question

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen

I have attached the backup.  Also - just upgraded to 5.5.3.3441 but no perceved change.

Patrick

HP Recommended

Hello @Patrick-J,

No backup attached but usually you would simply use:

feature.webSecurityBanner.enabled="1" feature.webSecurityBanner.msg="2000 character text"

Just tested this briefly on a Trio running the 5.5.3 GA and it works.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen

Not sure what happend to the backup file, but the two attributes are set as expected.

I have found the issue - it is the use of IE11.  In IE11 there is a momentry flash of a white box that disapears.  Use Edge and the banner apperars as expected.

We have a large deployment of Windows 7 devices so IE won't be disapearing anytime soon, but now we know the issue we will asses its usefulness.

HP Recommended

Hello @Patrick-J,

I tested this briefly using IE11 and it works for me under Windows 7.

If you can replicate it must be a security setting or similar. Please escalate this if required via the known channels.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.