Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Really strange issue.   Runnning 5.5.3.3517 in a Skype for Business environment.    In general the Trio 8800 with the Visual+ works great.   The clients are using VBSS to screen share in the Skype meeting and performance is very good.   I can play a video.  But...I had users tell me they experience a great deal of lag when doing a slide presentation, which is 95% of use case in an online meeting.   The client is a Mac running both very up to date OS X and Office.   What I discovered was if the user advances the slide by clicking the mouse/track pad everything is fine, but if they use an arrow key to advance the slide there can be a 15-30 sec delay before the slide advances in the meeting.  I cannot reproduce this on a Windows machine, but happens every time on a Mac.  If I run a Skype meeting without the Trio/Visual+ there is no lag using either method to advance the slide.  It is as if the Trio/visual+ have a hard time "seeing" the arrow click?

drew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Drew217,

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this unit 26/12/2016 so it is a couple of month out of warranty.

I suggest you work with them as we have different service offerings for devices out of warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Drew217,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I suggest you test this with the current UC Software 5.5.4 and then open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thank you Steffen.  I will apply the upgrade and give it a try.

00:04:F2:FF:7C:FA

Drew

HP Recommended

Hello @Drew217,

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this unit 26/12/2016 so it is a couple of month out of warranty.

I suggest you work with them as we have different service offerings for devices out of warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

no joy after the upgrade.   Works great as long as you click the screen via touchpad, but if you use arrow keys or return key there can be significant lag for the slide to update in the meeting.    I purchased through a reseller who no longer can sell the product.  Not sure who to reach out to for support.   I have started units purchasing online.   I have 16 of these setups.  

Thanks,

drew

HP Recommended

Hello Drew,

As explained Scansource is the reseller who can help you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I appreciate your response.    I will reach out to support.

Drew

HP Recommended

Just wanted to follow-up.  This is NOT a Polycom issue, but a SfB issue on the Mac

Drew

HP Recommended

If you are running Skype on premise, then you probably aren't connecting with Vbss, but instead it's RDP.  The Skype for Business Mac client wont support on-premise VBSS until CU12 is released in the next month or so, on the server side.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.