Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good morning 

We purchased Polycom Trio 8800's with Visual+ for most of our international branches so we can use them to do video conferencing with Skype for Business. We're thinking about transitioning to Microsoft Teams and I've read that when installing the Teams firmware, we won't be able to do video conferencing anymore, only audo. Will there be an update/fix for this in future firmware or will we have to purchase new equipment for this function? 

If not, the investment we made in purchasing Polycom equipment for video conferencing, would be pointless due to the lack of video conferencing in the Teams firmware. 

I await your response, thanks. 

Dewald van Wyk 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Dewaldvw ,

I already answered this in the linked post provided:

• Once a Trio runs the Teams mode it is only a standalone Audio device with no connectivity to a Visual+ or VisualPro

As already outlined by @mshu1 we do offer a currently free service which enables Trio's paired with Visual+ to join Teams meetings.

The offer is until June when it goes into a chargeable service. A poly reseller can provide you with more details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Dewaldvw,

you should ask Microsoft! ;-.) It´s not a restriction from Poly, Microsoft makes the rules. And the rule is, if you want to do video with Teams, you need an MTR (Microsoft Teams Room) with Windows10 as basis or a all-in-one system like the Studio X series. Microsoft allowed these kind of systems with Android on it, but unfortunately not the Trio with V+ or Vpro, because they are not all-in-one. 

Only solution for you is the Poly interop service "RealConnect". With this service you can use your V+ with Teams. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Dewaldvw ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

We discussed this just >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen, 

Sorry if this is a stupid question , but I'm just trying to understand 100%..

Once we install the Teams firmware on the Trio, it will not support video conference unless I aquire a Microsoft Teams Room system and there are no plans to add this function in future firmware?

HP Recommended

Hello @Dewaldvw ,

I already answered this in the linked post provided:

• Once a Trio runs the Teams mode it is only a standalone Audio device with no connectivity to a Visual+ or VisualPro

As already outlined by @mshu1 we do offer a currently free service which enables Trio's paired with Visual+ to join Teams meetings.

The offer is until June when it goes into a chargeable service. A poly reseller can provide you with more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Im in the same situation. Called a few reseller/partners and they are not interested. They all want to sell a full system and the last one said unless we took teams via them, they would not entertain.

We are stuck between a hardware issue trying to find someone to help on a small work item is almost impossible.

It is very frustrating when you come from a Microsoft Office 365 hosted service where help is just a call away, to the complete oppposite with Polycom saying use a partner and the Partners saying you are too small and unless you take it from us, we wont be interested.

HP Recommended

Hello @nic-wood ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You are in the same situation as what?

We already explained that a Trio in Teams mode will never get a software so you can pair it with a Visual+/VisualPro and run native Teams on the Trio with Video.

There are other solutions planned, which had been shown last year at Ignite, but until they are GA I personally cannot provide any details on unreleased solutions.

Please go ahead and provide me with a Mac address so I can look up who sold the Trio in question or your details so I can forward this to the relevant team which looks after the Real Connect solution so they can contact you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.