Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Forgive my newb first post.

Im a Microsoft Partner and pone of my clients asked me to help with their Trio getting it on to zoom. 

I looked at getting it onto Teams instead, and we purchased a Visual+ and Eagle Camera.
Pairing with the Camera works fine, but as soon as I load the Teams configuration, the camera is unpaired.  and the Settings Advanced Network Devices is missing.

I watched a series of videos on YouTube byu Jan Zoetemelk which suggested it would all plug in and work,  but this one from Polycom suggests I might need another device its all a bit confusing. Polycom are unhelpful and say to find a partner, which of course I can do, but wanted to get something sorted

https://players.brightcove.net/pages/v1/index.html?accountId=2165782398001&playerId=default&videoId=...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @nic-wood ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

From our Skype FAQ >here<:

July 19. 2019 Question: Can a Poly Trio support Microsoft Teams or Zoom at the same time as Skype for Business or openSIP?

Resolution: If the Poly Trio is running the native Teams app you cannot use any other Line. Teams on the Trio is mutually exclusive and does not allow pairing with a Visual+/VisualPro for Video. The native Zoom room application is the same. Zoom can be used in a Hybrid setup as explained => here <=

The above is not based on any technical restrictions by Poly but a decision by our partner Microsoft as far as I am aware.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stefan, and thanks fpor the quick reply.

Im still a little in the dark, how can the guy in the Netherlands get it all working on his Trio?

is it as he has a larger camera system ?

HP Recommended

Hi @nic-wood,

you mean this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Y2o_ocMco

He uses Poly RealConnect Service to bring the Trio into a Video-Teams-Call. RealConnect is a interop service which enables SIP or H.323 devices to join Teams meetings. Polycom delivers a "plattform/service" which connects to the MSFT Teams world and enables "legacy" devices to Teams. Search for Polycom Real Connect Service or ask an certified Reseller to support you. 

As Steffen already said, Trio with Visual+ or VisualPro does not support native Teams with video. You ´ll need Microsoft Teams Rooms (your posted link) for native integration or interop services. 

HP Recommended

Thank you.

It seems that ZOOM also have the same problem?

HP Recommended

Hello @nic-wood ,

Is this a question or feedback?

As provided by myself in my original reply if the Trio runs the Teams or the Zoom native software aka the Android App then you can only use it as intented:

• Teams mode as a standalone Audio device with no connectivity to a Visual+ or VisualPro
  • Zoom mode is the same but can be paired to a NUC aka a PC running the Zoom room syste,

In addition to the above, the Trio is capable to run in its "normal" mode where it can register to several other systems. These include Zoom and Blue Jeans and it can be paired with a Visual+/VisualPro. Several examples can be found in the FAQ or community search whilst searching for "hybrid" registration.

As already outlined you should contact a Poly reseller in your region in order to receive the support you require.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stefan, it was more of an observation.

I have reached out to the RealConnect team as it seems that this will allow us to use the Visual + device.

HP Recommended

I am trying to get the RealConnect service and see it would be avantageous to have a Polycom Partner.

From the website, I selected one per page from the first five pages, and not one of them was interested in helping. Either too small or they wanted us to use their own supply of Teams.

Is there any way of getting a small business partner selector that anyone is aware of ?

HP Recommended

Steffen Can you advise on best practice on using the Real Connect and the Trio with Visual+ for an organization that is in Teams only mode on there O365 Tenant?  Should the base profile on the Trio be Skype for Business +Real Connect or native Teams mode +Real Connect.  If the Trio is running in Native Teams mode does the Real Connect service work? 

HP Recommended

Hello @Brad_W ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

As outlined within this post on multiple occasions and in the Skype for Business FAQ if a Poly Trio is in native Teams mode aka running the Microsoft IP Phone Android Teams app then it cannot be paired with a Visual+/VisualPro

Our RealConnect service does not need the Trio to be in Skype for Business mode to connect into teams. 

I suggest you work with a Poly reseller or Poly sales on any follow-up questions.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.