Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hallo, we have a Trio 8800 Ver. 5.5.4.2255 provisioned with Skype for Business on Premise accounts.
We cannot join Skype for Business meetings from the "Join" button but we have no problem if we try to join meeting using SFB client.
We have this problem only if the SFB meeting comes from an internet account (user not present in our organization) and we forward the meeting to the Room configured in the Polycom SFB settings. External user doesn't kwow the meeting room address so the user that receive the invitation needs to forward the request to the room.

On the application log of the Trio 8800 we found the following events when we try to join meeting from the Polycom device:

0614140606|app1 |5|00|[cccpScheduledMeetingJoin] Input Link(sip:ExternalUser@domain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:H6PCRVVP;) Output Url(sip:ExternalUser@domain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:H6PCRVVP;) isCallLogRejoin(0) Subject Exist(1)
0614140606|app1 |4|00|AppHybridC::procLclMsg conference call, increasing watchdogTimeOut to 20000
0614140606|app1 |4|00|AppHybridC::procLclMsg conference call, increasing watchdogTimeOut to 20000
0614140607|sip |4|00|[CStkCccp::getMedSessHdl] no MedSessHdl found. AVMCU(0x0) m_hUI(0x0) AppShare(0x0) m_hUI(0x0)
0614140607|sip |4|00|[CStkCccp::getMedSessHdl] no MedSessHdl found. AVMCU(0x0) m_hUI(0x0) AppShare(0x0) m_hUI(0x0)
0614140607|sip |4|00|~CStkCccp C3PFacade REMOVE not possible without call(0x0) sess(0x0) indexHdl(0x0)
0614140609|app1 |4|00|AppHybridC::procLclMsg conference call, increasing watchdogTimeOut to 20000
0614140618|pgui |4|00|'vvm' service is not available
0614140658|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
0614140658|clist|4|00|dbIO::processResult:no host

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
The Trio does not support anonymous join.

In my case, this means that all attempts to join o365 meetings from an on premise account fail. Support shows no indication they plan to fix the issue.
HP Recommended

Hello @izio,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Log snippet you decided to post is not in any debug level so we could see the signalling failing so therefore the community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

We would at least need SIP at debug and overall debug

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Debug

Settings > Logging > Global Settings > Global Log Level Limit > Log File Size (Kbytes) > VVX prior to 5.5.0 = 180 after 5.5.0 = 1000 or Trio 10240

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Debug

In addition Meeting Invites from an external source may strip out the TNEF Information from the Email Body so we have no useful URL to form the meeting invite so in addition we may also need to see Exchange and additional logging.

This is best dealt with a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

@philliplyle

Do you have any Polycom support ticket to backup your broad statement ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Knock yourself out. 1-8058946764 Join External Meetings.

'I did some further investigating and Anonymous Join on the Trio is not yet supported. I would recommend contacting your Polycom Sales Representative to request the Feature Enhancement.'

I think it was a dumb conclusion myself but this is what your support says.. No joining office 365 meetings from on premise connected phones.

HP Recommended

@philliplyle

first of all can we keep the communication professional ?

@izio

A couple of things.

Polycom certifies against Microsoft’s 3 PIP program and within this we add / test certain features.

We are not 100% compatible to the Skype for Business client as Microsoft does not simply share all the features required and therefore allow all people claiming Skype for Business compatibility to therefore develop features.

The VVX phones prior to 5.5.x and the Trio prior to 5.5.2 would join an on Premise Meeting identifying themselves as:

<msci:admission-policy>anonymous</msci:admission-policy>

Later we changed this to be more compatible:

<msci:admission-policy>openAuthenticated</msci:admission-policy>

Prior to this change Exchange Room Accounts configured as would work:

Identity : Global
PstnCallersBypassLobby : True
EnableAssignedConferenceType : True
DesignateAsPresenter : Company
AssignedConferenceTypeByDefault : True
AdmitAnonymousUsersByDefault : True
RequireRoomSystemsAuthorization : False

But if Set-CsMeetingConfiguration -AdmitAnonymousUsersByDefault $false the Phone would have to wait in the Lobby.

In your case you trying to forward an external organisations meeting invite to a local on premise account may strip the TNEF Meta Data out of the conference and therefore the URL to join the meeting may hit what is described by the other poster.

At this point this is all based on assumption as we have not seen any logs for this.

We cannot handle support cases through the open and free Polycom community so please get this into support.

If we find this is the same as the other poster please work with a Polycom sales Engineer to prioritize EN-11592 and EN-28654.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Logs are already in the ticket. TNEF is no longer needed. External on-premise systems with open federation do work without issue.

As I mentioned earlier in my 'broad statement', Office 365 in the shared tenant does not work regardless of federated setting, when you are using an on premise deployment for the Trio.

Since @izio posted that he is using on premise, they should check to see if the external meetings are hosted by lync.com.

HP Recommended

@philliplyle

this is not your post. Please deal with your ticket with the relevant support team in your local region.

@izio

It has been outlined what we need to work on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

thank you. I will provide the logs this week. best regards.

HP Recommended

Hello @izio,

You need to raise a ticket and not simply post your logs here.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.