Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have Trio 8800.

also, I have only SFB on-premise. I cannot join meetings with MS Teams. I tested several meeting scenarios:

1.Trio on-prem account (mycompany)  --> another on-prem account (another company) = can join meeting.
2.Trio on-prem account (mycompany) --> Another company MS Teams account = can not join meeting
3.Trio another MS Teams account --> mycompany on-prem account = can not join meeting
4.Trio another company MS Teams account --> another company MS Teams account = can join meeting.
5.Trio on-prem account (mycompany) --> another copany on-prem account (another company)with hybrid = can join meeting.
6. Trio another company on-prem account (another company)with hybrid --> another company on-prem account = can join meeting.

so,My on premise sfb account can join meeting with:

1.another company's on-prem user meetings.
2.another companys on-prem sfb in hybrid mode

problem is only with MS Teams meetings.please see attached logs(at this moment in Trios was logged in teams account and we cannot join meeting with on-prem sfb account)

any ideas?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Davit Ubilava 

I am quite sure this is a known issue and Microsoft is aware (20150767).

• a meeting organizer cannot be homed on-prem in this kinda scenario

Symptom

================

Trio 8000 phone device cannot join Teams meeting

Analyzing

================

Per checking, the device account <retracted> is homed online with Island mode. However, the sample Teams meeting organizer <retracted> is hosted by Skype for business on premise server. We have similar internal escalation to the Teams engineering team, and it was confirmed by the product team, this is a not supported scenario, the Teams meeting organizer must be hosted on Online.

The SIP INVITE from Trio phone gets delivered to the on-prem focus because the meeting organizer is hosted on-prem. Therefore, the Teams gateway can't be invoked and thus you see 413 error returned.

This is mentioned in our docs that the meeting organizer must be hosted online in order for the gateway to work:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/migration-interop-guidance-for-teams-with-skype

Interop between Teams and Skype for Business users is only possible if the Teams user is homed online in Skype for Business. The recipient Skype for Business user can be homed either on-premises (and requires configuring Skype for Business Hybrid) or online. Users who are homed in Skype for Business on-premises can use Teams in Islands mode (defined later in this doc), but they cannot use Teams to interop or federate with other users who are using Skype for Business.

Suggestion

============

To make Trio phone join a Teams meeting, the possible option is to move the organizer to SFB online, change the Trio phone to Teams mode or dial into the Meeting.

The above is based on the assumption that you are seeing the same or similar scenario.

Anything else would require you to open a case with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Davit Ubilava ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

A simple question:

• Is this a Trio running in Lync Base profile aka Skype for Business
    or
  • Is this a Trio running in Teams base profile

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Trio is running in Skype for Business profile.

HP Recommended

Hello @Davit Ubilava 

I am quite sure this is a known issue and Microsoft is aware (20150767).

• a meeting organizer cannot be homed on-prem in this kinda scenario

Symptom

================

Trio 8000 phone device cannot join Teams meeting

Analyzing

================

Per checking, the device account <retracted> is homed online with Island mode. However, the sample Teams meeting organizer <retracted> is hosted by Skype for business on premise server. We have similar internal escalation to the Teams engineering team, and it was confirmed by the product team, this is a not supported scenario, the Teams meeting organizer must be hosted on Online.

The SIP INVITE from Trio phone gets delivered to the on-prem focus because the meeting organizer is hosted on-prem. Therefore, the Teams gateway can't be invoked and thus you see 413 error returned.

This is mentioned in our docs that the meeting organizer must be hosted online in order for the gateway to work:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/migration-interop-guidance-for-teams-with-skype

Interop between Teams and Skype for Business users is only possible if the Teams user is homed online in Skype for Business. The recipient Skype for Business user can be homed either on-premises (and requires configuring Skype for Business Hybrid) or online. Users who are homed in Skype for Business on-premises can use Teams in Islands mode (defined later in this doc), but they cannot use Teams to interop or federate with other users who are using Skype for Business.

Suggestion

============

To make Trio phone join a Teams meeting, the possible option is to move the organizer to SFB online, change the Trio phone to Teams mode or dial into the Meeting.

The above is based on the assumption that you are seeing the same or similar scenario.

Anything else would require you to open a case with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick reply

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I wanted to check to see if this matches my issue before creating a new topic.

We have found that TRIOs in Skype profile mode, whether using the 3PIP gateway to sign into Teams or signed in to Skype for business on-prem, can't join Teams meetings via one touch for organizers in Islands mode.  The TRIO in Skype mode and 3PIP GW Teams mode can join meetings hosted by organizers in Teams only mode.

I've also found that if the meeting organizer's account is disabled in Skype and in islands mode in Teams, the TRIO CAN join those meetings.

Understanding if this is a resolvable issue or not is my goal at the moment.

Thanks

Sean

HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you try and work with our partner Microsoft referencing the above Microsoft ID so they can potentially answer your question when using their product?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Yes and I've worked with Poly engineering.

Both stated, "it should work for both meetings" but I am not so confident in the response.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sean_Stanley66 

as this is using a product supplied by our partner Microsoft did you work with them as responded earlier?

They are most likely the only ones being able to answer this truthfully.

replied via a mobile phone 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.