Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Firstly I apologise as I'm not sure how to start a new thread.

I am continuing to get through requirement to deliver the Polycom Trio's to the business, however have a couple of remaining isuses.

We run a hybrid Exchange environment with a mojority of users on prem and a smaller amount on 365.  Our S4B which connects to the Trio's is within 365, and works fine.

Following issues are:

* pressing "meetings' showever 'Exchange discovery in progress' which disappears with NO results

* pressing Contacts ' presents a blank list and we need to type in the S4B users which it eventually finds.  I would want the full directory imported and synced.  Is this possible?

one Information Phone Model RealPresence Trio 8800 Part Number 3111-65290-001 Rev:A MAC Address 64:16:7F:1E:AC:FB Wi-Fi MAC Address 64:16:7F:1E:AC:FC Bluetooth MAC Address 64:16:7F:1E:AC:FD IP Address 10.22.65.5 UC Software Version 5.4.5.9188 Updater Signature Release System Name Meeting Room 7.02

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Just closing the loop on thsi one.   We found the issue.

Essentially our resource names were too long (Win200 AD).

When we connect to Exhange we needed to use both the full address in teh sign-in Address box, and under the user the shortened AD using our Domain in front of this.   

Just have an issue with getting contacts working now....but thats another story!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Ikuret,

I have moved this post away from the Trio Hybrid discussion as things mentioned above do have nothing to do with a Dual registration.

I suggest you work with Transition Systems Australia Pty Ltd as they sold the Trio back in 23/05/2017

They are your Tier 1 support and can help you getting this setup. They can also open a Ticket with Polycom support for you and saver you time experimenting around with a setup that is not 100%

You can of course look here as well:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

In addition we do support a local directory which is described here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for response.

I want to leave this open in the case that someone solves this and can add detail in.  

If I resolve I'll come back and update.

Thanks

Luke

HP Recommended

Hello Luke,

If this is a Polycom issue the only way to fix this is by getting this raised into Polycom support.

I outlined this in my initial reply and this is the fastest way.

You can of course wait for someone else to have the exact same issue as you and escalate into Polycom and hopefully get this fixed.

Please be prepared that this may never happen.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.

I have now made contact with the Support company and have detailed the issues.

The y have responded as below

--------------------------------You would find that the Contact feature does require you to enter at least 1 character before it can start searching. So what you experience could be the designed behaviour of the device.

For the meet-syd@lync.bluejeans.com address, is there away to change that on the server, or from BlueJeans? Or have you tried adding it manually to the SfB Client on a PC, with a more friendly name?

Maybe you are right about the Exchange calendar DNS issue, you can always disable Autodiscover and specify an Exchange EWS url of your own, under Trio web menu Settings > Applications > Exchange Applications.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know if there are still issues and we’ll take it from there

HP Recommended

Hello Luke,

Yes that is how the Search works. Only if you start adding characters the search will start.

I already explained how you can add a local directory in my initial reply.

For any issues in regards exchange you must setup your network correctly so the Trio can discover this and then work with Polycom support via your reseller.

I am unsure what the BlueJeans reference is as you did not mention this before. 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Just closing the loop on thsi one.   We found the issue.

Essentially our resource names were too long (Win200 AD).

When we connect to Exhange we needed to use both the full address in teh sign-in Address box, and under the user the shortened AD using our Domain in front of this.   

Just have an issue with getting contacts working now....but thats another story!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.