Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am having an issue with a Trio/Visual+ where the only output I get on the LCD display is a black background with the video feed in the lower right hand corner of the screen. (See attached photo)

When in the black screen state it no longer will display remote participant video or any shared content.  Rebooting the Visual+ will return it to normal function for a period of time but usually within the same day I will find it with the black screen again.

I compared the settings with a known good Trio/Visual+ and did not find any obvious differences.

The log on the device with the issue does have just over a thousand lines of the following error:

1017083122|mr   |4|00|MrProvUploadFileHandler::HandlePut: Error writing -1 read 1024 totals 1129616 -1169

Followed by:

1017083118|mr   |4|00|MrProvUploadFileHandler::HandlePut: Error tranferring file res 0 8
1017083118|copy |4|00|Configuration of URL failed
1017083118|log  |5|00|Skipped uploading of failed log file because no of failures are > 4 or last upload failed time is < 60 seconds

Below are the FW versions for both the Visual+ and Trio.

Phone Model RealPresence Trio Visual+

Part Number 3111-66420-001 Rev:A

MAC Address 00:04:F2:FC:AB:5E UC

Software Version 5.4.3.2389    

Phone Model RealPresence Trio 8800

Part Number 3111-65290-001 Rev:A

MAC Address 00:04:F2:FC:F4:49

Wi-Fi MAC Address 00:04:F2:FC:F4:4A

Bluetooth MAC Address 00:04:F2:FC:F4:4B

UC Software Version 5.4.3.2389    

Anyone experience the same or have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Scott1,

The next action is to work with SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS to open an RMA.

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this unit back in 29/12/2015

Please also consider to purchase the relevant per device LYNC license from Polycom for all units that you have as explained => here <=

The units you have purchased are SIP and not LYNC / Skype for Business SKU so an additional license is required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Scott1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure the HDMI cable is working.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  As stated in the original post:

Rebooting the Visual+ will return it to normal function for a period of time but usually within the same day I will find it with the black screen again.

The Visual+ will work without issue after a power cycle but at some point I will discover or a user will report that it is no longer working.  When the black screen appears, the self view from the Logitec camera will still display.  I would guess that if the HDMI cord were bad I would not see the self view.

The attached picture shows what it looks like.

HP Recommended

Hello Scott1,

I am fully aware but please try and swap the HDMI as I seen this before.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

HDMI cable was replace with a known good cable and the issue still happens.

HP Recommended

Hello Scott1,

The next action is to work with SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS to open an RMA.

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this unit back in 29/12/2015

Please also consider to purchase the relevant per device LYNC license from Polycom for all units that you have as explained => here <=

The units you have purchased are SIP and not LYNC / Skype for Business SKU so an additional license is required.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

RMA is in progress. Thanks for the heads up on the licenses.

I confirmed with our local Polycom rep that we were not appropriately licenced on 2x Trios.  Just waiting on the purchase to clear for those.  The other three all end in -018 or -019.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.