Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio failover from Skype to SIP?

SOLVED
Scott1
Valued Contributor

Trio failover from Skype to SIP?

So this question was posed to me by my management:  Is there a way that you could have a Trio registered to an on prem Skype server automatically register to the SIP PBX if the Skype server were to fail?

Engineering Advisory 66546 covers re-registration on failover-aware Session Border Controllers.  It says right on it that it is not possible with Lync but since it is dated 2012 I didn't know if something may have changed since then or if anyone had experience with something similar.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio failover from Skype to SIP?

No
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio failover from Skype to SIP?

No
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2