Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trio8500 with Visual+  5.9.10869

On prem Skype for Business 2015

Trio 8500 logged in via Ext. + PIN (as user in private office)

When the user shares content from their PC other participants on the call see the content but the Trio8500 with the Visual+ does not display the content when the sharing participant is also the user logged in to the Trio8500.

Other participants sharing content work as expected, this issue only appers to arise when the Trio user is the same as the participant sharing content.

Is this expected behaviour?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JamesW7 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Same happens when you have two instances of the Skype for Business client running in different places.

Only one will be able to share their desktop and this does not appear on the other.

WAD aka Working as Designed by Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @JamesW7 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Same happens when you have two instances of the Skype for Business client running in different places.

Only one will be able to share their desktop and this does not appear on the other.

WAD aka Working as Designed by Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@JamesW 

To better clarify Steffan's response - the Trio should be logged in as a shared/conference room account, and is not designed to be used in the scenario you describe.   Users should not be logging in/out of the Trio in most situations.

Skype for Business only allows you to participate once in the same meeting (as do most platforms - you can't authenticate as the same person to Zoom twice, for example).

HP Recommended

We do this in common area rooms / conference rooms.

This specific issue is for Trio in private areas assigned to a single user. There is an advantage in this instance to have a single calendar and extension for the user to manage for an account for which they already have credentials. (Having the same account on all your devices.)

You can participate from multiple endpoints with different workloads in Skype for Business. I can join from my PC but have the audio via my desk phone either via BToE or callback. That is the user complaint in this instance, that there are joined to the meeting from their PC and Trio, but the Trio does not display content they share.

HP Recommended

Hello @JamesW7 ,

I am still not sure what the use case here would be.

• User A a is in a room and logged on to the PC with his credentials. His Trio in the same room is also logged into the same account.
  • User A now shares his desktop using the Skype for Business client whilst either in a P2P call with another user or in a AVMCU call

Why would you expect to see the content he is sharing also on the Trio?

The only workaround could potentially be sending the content using a USB cable or the Polycom Content App >here< or purchase the Miracast license and use this method.

Everything else would be a feature request:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Sort of.

A difference would be that you are unable to join the same meeting twice as the same user via the Skype client, when you join on the second client you get the 'replaced by' message on the first.

You are able to join from two different endpoints with different workloads; I can join the meeting from my PC and select a different device for the audio. I can then share or view content from my PC while using my desk phone for audio.

HP Recommended

Hello @JamesW ,

I assume I provided a workaround and if this is not preferred the official method to request a change.

Today there is no BToE for the Trio so this would require again a feature request.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

User A is in their private office.

User A’s private office has a Trio w/ Visual+.

User A’s Trio uses their AD credentials. (One extension and one calendar on all their devices.)

User A joins a SfB meeting from User A’s laptop.

User A selects their ext. for ‘Call me at’ at the SfB prompt on their laptop.

User A’s Trio rings, User A answer the call on the Trio, User A is joined to the audio / video portion of the call on the Trio.

User A attempts to share content from their laptop, other participants in the call see the content.

User A’s Trio does not accept or display content on the screen connected to the Visual+.

HP Recommended

Hello @JamesW7 ,

If User A selects "Call me at" this means a separate phone call is setup. To my knowledge, this does not call his Skype Extension aka a URL and rather calls a Phone number.

Does this also show the Video part of the call on the Visual+/VisualPro?

As the user shares the content from the Laptop this would be the same example as using a 2nd Skype for Business client. This would also not show a duplicate of the content.

If you disagree feel free to raise an official ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

It's a seperate call if the destination called is a non-Skype for Business endpoint.

If the destination is a SfB destination and the destination matches the Skype client user both endpoints are joined to the call.

If the destinaiton is a Skype for Business endpoint but not the user's endpoint the user is replaced in the meeting by the Skype endpoint they selected as the callback destinaiton.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.