Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have upgraded VVX 601 to UC Software 5.5.2 recently and noticed that phone directory which is configured on provisioning server it not displayed on the phone. I was previously on 5.5.1 and it worked fine. Did downgrade/upgrade few times and no joy on new software.

My directory config file is the same for all the phones - i am using file 000000000000-directory.xml.

When i checked the logs on ftp server i can't even see that phone is trying to get that file from the server. It is only trying to get specific for the phone <mac address>-directory.xml. Anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thanks Tom.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello TomUK,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

If you can always replicate this please open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I am not sure if we have support as we only bought couple of phones as part of the project pilot. Based on the testing we will decide if to go with Polycom or to buy some other kit. 

I just wanted to see if anyone else experience similar issue to confirm that this is a bug in a new software.

Just to add a note that this(phone directory) works straight after the upgrade and breakes when the phone is being rebooted(not restarted - in that case phone seems to cache directory information) or being powered down/up.

Thanks

Tom

HP Recommended

Hello TomUK,

Within your 1st year of purchase the support is via the reseller. They can open a ticket for you.

Feel free to wait for others to respond but waiting for this does not allow us to look at logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi  Tom.  I have been playing with the on-phone directory too, and it works best with version 5.4.5.6770 for us.  5.4.6 and the 5.5 releases are problematic.  In 5.5.2 I can get the directory to work if I turn off line key customization. 

We are using the VVX color expansion modules and I can only get those to work with the internal contacts directory if the user has the same number of Skype favorites as line buttons configured on the phone, which then pushes the phone contacts over to the expansion module.

Note that I haven't tried the 000000000000-directory.xml method, I'm creating contacts on the phone, which creates the mac address-directory.xml file on the provisioning server.

BTW, I agree that Polycom's support model is very frustrating.  I do have support via a reseller, but it's very slow to go through them to get to Polycom.  I would gladly purchase support incidents directly from Polycom if they were available, but apparently they aren't.

Skype for Business seems to be a minor part of Polycom's business.  I don't know what percentage of the idiosyncracies are Polycom isses and what are Microsoft's, but we still have a list of frustrations that I need to psych myself up to slog through the support process to try to get addressed.

HP Recommended

Hello tjcornish,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  a Line and / or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how and what kind of contacts can be assigned to a free key. I am unsure what kind of support models we offer to end users but could place you in contact with a Polycom sales engineer if wanted.

Our usual support model utilizes Polycom resellers which may not be who we sold the phone to. Posting a MAC address would allow me to look up who you should contact,

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi tjcornish,

I am aware of the line key customization and it is disabled on my phones.

I am using 000000000000-directory.xml file as I will be pushing contacts to over 300 phones. It works fine on VVX311 phones the only problem is on VVX601. Both phones on the same OS 5.5.2.

When I take a new phone from the box it works but if you reboot the phone it is not trying to ask provisioning  server for the 0000 file but only more specific (mac address of the phone) and of course in my case I dont want to prepare hundreds of files.

I cant use previous OS versions as I am using MFA and only new versions supports it.

Thanks

Tom

HP Recommended

Hello Tom,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

If you think you found a bug please raise this as already outlined in various replies.

The basic minimum I need is a MAC address from you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have just tested the same with new UCS 5.6.0.

VVX311 - works fine

VVX601 - still doesnt work.

I will try to report it via reseller.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.