Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I thought I'd start a thread identifying some faults with UC 5.6.0 and also some good feedback too from what I have seen so far....

Good:

At last, a high-contrast colour scheme and it's very similar across all VVX phones - thank you! So much nicer than white on light blue, I can actually ready the screen again now and my vision isn't hugely impaired.

Seems to react a bit faster when calls are transferred. The delay in a call coming through when transferred from another VVX phone I think is around 20-30% faster than UC 5.5.2.

Bad:

For some reason I'm seeing authentication messages appear from time to time. A reboot of the phone seems to fix this although I'm not seeing any detrimental impact when the triangle appears. All functions seem to continue to work. Warnings indicate authentication with exchange (on prem) error but diagnostics show EWS is ok.

Have seen the phone lock up a couple of times. Press home key and nothing happens for around 30-60 seconds and then the options menu appears but is very slow to build the screen. Scroll to next page takes as long so something in the FW is spinning consuming all the phone CPU.

Reboot now takes an age - it appears to upload a bunch of core files which can take up to 30 minutes to complete. Not exactly sure what these are yet and need to unpack to debug but this is unwelcome - surely this should happen in the background after the phone boots up so that RTO is fast

Annoyances:

Why on a VVX 500 phone do we have the coloured balls next to the name indicating status and the status under the name. This just occupies real estate unecessarily and you now only get 7 favourites on the home screen of a VVX500. Can we have a setting to hide the written status if we want so that more favourite can appear again? Coloured balls say everything you need at a glance and you've got the main SfB interface on your main screen for further detail.

Matt

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Thanks for the feedback and I forwarded this to the relevant Product Managers.

In regards to your design question / complaint

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In regards to your findings:

Feb 16, 2016 Question:What is / are the core.tgz file on a provisioning server ?

Resolution: A core dump is uploaded by the phone if a phone crashed for some reason. Please provide these to Polycom support for further analysis.

Slowness / No Response

Again we need to see this in Support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks yes, you know I'm aleady aware of how to raise support tickets as you've been involved in a few with me previously. Really tricky as I now need to find a VVX500 that's less than a year old before you guys will talk to me and there doesn't seem to be any way to purchase extended warranties for Polycom phones at least none that my reseller and your distributors are aware of.

I've started this thread however to guage end user feedback on the new UC. I like it! but it's just subversion .0 still and not ready yet for general rollout IMHO. I certainly will be waiting for .1 or .2 before putting it to fussy end users.

Thanks,

Matt

HP Recommended

It looks like Polycom took my advice and fired the person who let that impossible to see light blue and white contrast scheme happen. The color scheme was so annoying people were positioning the phone away from their face it was so gaudy.

5.6.0 is MUCH easier to look at.

HP Recommended

@Karnov to my knowledge it was not Polycom dictating this color schema .... But again all I do within this community is a hobby ...

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

the black theme is terrible, maybe if it was grey it would be ok. 

the original vvx (non-skype) interface was pretty nice, I hated the flat look of the skype4b ui and thought it was a bit bright, but i like it better than the white on black and now it doesn't actually match the skype4b 2016 client. imo there should at least be a choice between the blue and white and the high contrast skype4b ui.

unrelated but why did the phone sign it get so much slower since the fw that introduced the skype4b ui?

HP Recommended

Lots of problems with the 5.6.0

The theme is good (far better than the 5.5.x) but for example my cfg files that works great with previous versions, the 5.6.0 versions seems to doesn't apply 50% of parameters (number of colums, daylightSavings, language...)

HP Recommended

Hello Doum,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Usually you should have access to the Polycom Beta program where all of these discovered "Bugs" can be discovered prior to the GA release.

In addition any bugs discovered after the GA release must be brought into Polycom support so we can verify these.

This is also explained => here <= in detail and also shows options which can be taken to extend support or warranty.

I suggest you contact your known Polycom SE and discuss this with them.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Matt was able to get this into support and with his help we could identify the root cause and fix this in UC Software 5.7.0

The root cause was how we fetched the picture from exchange which we display on the lock screen.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.